New tyres on today

Erm

Advanced Member
So I finally have given up with Goodyears. I've been one of the biggest fans of their AS2s on the teg, I swore by them. Unfortunately the last 2 sets I've had I've noticed a significant decline in the quality of the tyre. They must have changed something pretty drastic in the past few years. Decided to try the RE070, and had them fitted this morning. First impressions are very good, it is a lovely day here today so wouldn't expect them to not be highly impressive being new on bone dry warm roads. Hoping their wet performance is decent.

I just cannot recommend the Goodyears anymore given how badly disappointed I've been with the last 2 sets I've had. One of which the life cycle was cut short due to a fault with the tyre (wire came out through the side wall with lots of tread left on it and no hits or bump to the sidewall ever from driving)

The Bridgestones were cheaper too so a bonus!

Liam

Advanced Member
The Bridgestones are great in the dry and even take track abuse well for a road tyre. Bit lethal in the wet in my experience - not convinced the tread pattern clears much water but I guess they are a summer tyre.

Mine are two years old now and have had quite a few heat cycles put into them. Tread is still legal by a long way but they feel tired and past their best. They've lasted well for what they cost though.

Rom

Advanced Member
I find them fine in the wet. I never give it death in the wet anyway. But never felt they were going to let go etc.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ekchris139

Advanced Member
I have similar feelings about the goodyears. just not up to par anymore.

I will be changing to RE070, RE11 or AD08A after this set wears down

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
F1A2/3, to me, are the most overrated tyre for a sports car/hot hatch in recent time. I have absolutely no idea why everyone seems to rave about them. They have woolly feedback, feel like jelly and fall apart after some serious abuse.

Grip to be fair is good in all conditions, that's about the only up side to me.

2ndy

Advanced Member
I have done a track day in the wet on RE070s and have no complaints, maybe there is better out there for wet but half the day was wet and the other half dry and the tyres were excellent