New tyres

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Hi Guys another tyre thread :D

Im going to replace my front tyres with something that has more grip than my current budget tyres.

Its either going to be Goodyear F1's or Toyo T1R's

On the front and rear at the mo i have 215/45/17 but i want to start replacing them with 225/45/17's. Is this a good idea?

Just thinking the wider tyre will help with traction. Will the car be ok with the 225's on the front and the 215's on the rear still? Then when the rears need replacing i will obviously go for 225's and have them all around.

Its also lowered on eibach springs (20mm) and has 10mm spacers, will there be any rubbing issues?

Anyone have any pics with 225 tyres on there car with standard rims?

Thanks

Alex

Rob R

Advanced Member
What tyres have you currently got? I've been using Kumho Ecsta KU31's since I got the car a year ago, and for the money you can't go wrong.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
What tyres have you currently got? I've been using Kumho Ecsta KU31's since I got the car a year ago, and for the money you can't go wrong.
ive currently got tyres called kenda radials which came with the car want to start changing them over for decent rubber

Rob R

Advanced Member
The KU31's were getting rave reviews from owners of all sorts of cars when I was looking and at circa £70 a corner they don't break the bank.

I'm having 2 KU39's (newer versions) fitted tomorrow as after 10k miles of being driven properly the fronts have started to wear a bit low.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's 225/45 on the front of mine, I love them and can't recommend them highly enough.