New Volk Rims, What colour should I make them??

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I have a set of Volk GTC wheels, they are a second wheel for me, second to my TE37's. Due to this I am considering getting them powedercoated. I am looking for opinions on what colour I should make the centres. What would suit a Dc5?

They have a polished dish so thinking I will leave it polished due to cost. Wont be getting them powdercoated for a while either, but want to get the ideas in. Here are the wheels

All colours Ideas (or photoshops :D ) welcome

danny100

Advanced Member
...i'd say gloss black or other colour??(depend what colour your dc5) for the 5 spokes and the centre ,then leave the polish dish,the torx screws aera and the VR center cap as it is.. O:)

TyperItr

Advanced Member
My car is blue. Yeah im leaving the dish ans line where the bolts are polished silver

firthy22

Advanced Member
Would have said get them the same blue as the car but then you'd be copying Porthos so maybe gunmetal.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
i am not really fan of these wheels either, but i think you should paint them blue..maybe colourmatched to the car's paint mate.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Not a fan dude sorry :( very very hard to find a wheel that looks better on a DC5 than the standard alloys IMO.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
wow thanks for the Photoshops Porthos, The pics give me a good idea of what they will look like on the car. Yeah they are not my favourite of the Volk wheels either, but I dont really care cos I still have my TE37's xthumbup , yet they are still forged so have the Volk price tag! But will do for next winter as I want to keep my TE37's in like new condition. I am thinking the third picture is nice. Yet the silver dose look quite good. Will look online for other examples of colours and post up some pictures.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
wow thanks for the Photoshops Porthos, The pics give me a good idea of what they will look like on the car. Yeah they are not my favourite of the Volk wheels either, but I dont really care cos I still have my TE37's xthumbup , yet they are still forged so have the Volk price tag! But will do for next winter as I want to keep my TE37's in like new condition. I am thinking the third picture is nice. Yet the silver dose look quite good. Will look online for other examples of colours and post up some pictures.
Best way mate, get them on the car as is, send me a pic from an angle you like and I can do whatever colour you like.

Grov

Banned
Id sell em, they look awful IMO. You're bound to get a good price if there all in as good nic as that one.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Who would buy them though? The only reason I have them is that I got them for half nothing with near new tyres on them. Off some lad who didn't have a clue what he had by the looks of it.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Actually starting to like the look of the blue centre. Not copying you Porthos honestly :blink: . Also I have a blue rattle can at home I could test it out on. No harm if it looks crap, better than paying for powdercoating then not liking the colour

hondazzz

Advanced Member
You cant make them look gorgeous so just make them look twisted! hehhe i think go with blue..!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Actually starting to like the look of the blue centre. Not copying you Porthos honestly :blink: . Also I have a blue rattle can at home I could test it out on. No harm if it looks crap, better than paying for powdercoating then not liking the colour
You are free to do whatever you want, they are your wheels! lol.

But if you want a visual, you know where I am :)