New wheel help

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum but i've been looking around for a while

I need some help with choosing some new wheels specifically offset and widths as quite honestly i'm baffled.
I am going to get a set Enkei RFP1's and before i order i need to know wether they'll fit. I've been searching through the forum but i haven't really found an answer.

Will a set of 17 x 7.5 ET48 fit and clear the brakes? Or do i need go to 17 x 7 ET45 or 17 x 8 ET35/45? I'm keeping the tires i've got now which are Yokohama Advan AD08 in 215/45/R17 will these fit on an 8 inch rim and will they rub. My cars still running the standard ride height with a fast road set up.

I know there a lot of questions in my first post but any help would be brilliant.

Jack

Mark_teg

Staff member
Hi Jack and welcome.

There's a thread called 'What wheels and how they fit' (or something like that) which you'll find helpful. A few members have RFP1's, 'Coldfuse' is one so there should be some info in there.

I have aftermarket alloys (not enkies) in 7.5x17 ET45 with 215/45 tyres and they fit perfect.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Hi Mark thanks for the reply and welcome.

I've been through that thread and didn't find a complete answer. I see quite a few people are running RFP1's but i couldn't find anyone running 7.5 ET48's unless i've missed something.

Do you think 7 x 7.5 ET48's will fit nicely then

Jack

Mark_teg

Staff member
DC5Jack said:
Hi Mark thanks for the reply and welcome.

I've been through that thread and didn't find a complete answer. I see quite a few people are running RFP1's but i couldn't find anyone running 7.5 ET48's unless i've missed something.

Do you think 7 x 7.5 ET48's will fit nicely then

Jack
Generally that offset and width is safe. But as all wheels are different I'm not 100% sure..

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Thanks mate, i'll give the company (SRB Power) i'm going to order them from a call and see what they say.

Also has anybody used SRB Power before? They're quite a bit cheaper than anyone else for the wheels

Jack

Brophy

Advanced Member
Hey I've got my lovely set of enkie rfp1's on and they are 17x8 ET45 and fit perfectly. No arch work needed either ;)

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Looks great mate. What size tires are you running and have you lowered it at all?

Jack

Brophy

Advanced Member
Specs for tires are ..

• Federal 595 RSR's - 215/45/17
• Lowered on coilovers ;)

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Cheers for the help guys. I've got a set of Enkei RPF1 in 17 x 7.5 ET48 on order. Just gotta wait for them to be shipped from Japan now : )
Can't wait for them to be delivered so I can them sent off to be painted (white) and get my slightly buckled/ kurbed originals off to be refurbed.

Jack

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
I went with SRB Power in the end as they were the cheapest I could find at £239 per wheel and they're only over the Dartford crossing from me.

Jack

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Fantastic wheels and quite a bit lighter than OEM even in a slightly bigger size. They fill out the arches nicely now, time for me to get it a bit closer to the deck