New Yellowspeed coilovers

Ollie1994

Recently put yellowspeed coilovers on my Teg (was on oem shocks with eibach springs previously)

I've noticed when turning the wheel to the right either stationary or driving there is a clunk/knock? I'm fairly certain this only started after having the coilovers installed. I took it back to the garage that installed them and asked them to double check over the suspension components and nothing came of that.

I have a video of the noise on my phone of the sound, so can sent it if need be for a better idea.

Thanks guys xthumbsup

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
It's not a case of they're not tight enough, it's just the design of them. I've had them nocking whilst stationary and rotating the wheel, but not as common as your making out whilst driving?

Ollie1994

Rage_DC5 said:
It's not a case of they're not tight enough, it's just the design of them. I've had them nocking whilst stationary and rotating the wheel, but not as common as your making out whilst driving?
It is happening almost everytime I turn the wheel to the right, stationary or moving

MrRy

Advanced Member
Were the Yellowspeed's on the new enclosed bearing design? Mine started going after 6k, had the top spring perch bearings changed for the new enclosed units and they have been great since.

levybooey

My yellowspeeds started making alot of clunking noises two, when I checked to see what had happened it turned out the locking height collars had worked ever so slightly lose... maybe worth checking that if you haven't already?

MrRy

Advanced Member
I have a picture of what the old non-enclosed design looked like on my build thread, it was essentially salt and dirt which made them wear out. If you bought them more recently they shouldn't be the old design. Mine never knock tbough, so unsure what others are on about.

Ollie1994

MrRy said:
I have a picture of what the old non-enclosed design looked like on my build thread, it was essentially salt and dirt which made them wear out. If you bought them more recently they shouldn't be the old design. Mine never knock tbough, so unsure what others are on about.
Bought them no longer than 4-5 weeks ago

Ollie1994

levybooey said:
My yellowspeeds started making alot of clunking noises two, when I checked to see what had happened it turned out the locking height collars had worked ever so slightly lose... maybe worth checking that if you haven't already?
Will check this thanks mate

spooke

Advanced Member
As above make sure the locking collars are tight, also worth checking the top mount nut along with your track rod ends.

madmechanic25

I had a new set of yellowspeed and within a month the steering felt sloppy and was knocking so jacked the car up and the wheel had play and it was from the damper so got a new set sent out from Tegiwa and had them a few weeks in the car and the same happened so told them I have lost confidence in yellowspeed I want either a refund or another brand and they ordered me the inverted bc ones and fitted them and realigned everything and all good !

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sound well built then!

Sorry to say but BC are no better, they will fail after a few years.

Ollie1994

madmechanic25 said:
I had a new set of yellowspeed and within a month the steering felt sloppy and was knocking so jacked the car up and the wheel had play and it was from the damper so got a new set sent out from Tegiwa and had them a few weeks in the car and the same happened so told them I have lost confidence in yellowspeed I want either a refund or another brand and they ordered me the inverted bc ones and fitted them and realigned everything and all good !
Car is booked in at Tegiwa this Wednesday so we'll see what comes of that

madmechanic25

Yeah I know there all made in China/Taiwan but a couple of years is better than 1 month so good luck at Tegiwa !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk