Newbie from Aberdeenshire

Aaron92

Hi there im Aaron and i got my DC5 imported from Torque GT and picked it up on July 28th. Loving the car and looking forward to many years owning it. Heres some pictures:

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Over 600 miles to pick up a DC5!? You're dedicated I'll give you that! Mental... but dedicated. Haha.

Aaron92

Yeah could of picked a closer company but heard good things and liked the idea of having a fresh import haha.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Good on you for sticking to your plan, many other people (including myself) would have chose the easier closer to home option.

Aaron92

Was dreading the drive initially but was ok in all honesty, after i got past the midlands was hardly any cars and no traiffic. Was swearing heaps around Birmingham with all the traffic, not used to that amount of cars at all.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I bet!

I bought my current car from London and I live in Newcastle but that was because it was actually cheaper to fly to London (£32 x 2 people) + petrol back than I was to get a train ticket (£90+? x 2 people), or buy a similar specced car in Newcastle.

Aaron92

Yeah see all the dc5s i used to see up here that were coming up for sale when i was looking were starting to get issues and that, so thought if im gonna have to go to england to get one will get a fresh import

martinj46

Advanced Member
Hi Aaron, I also travelled from Aberdeen to get mine from torque gt three years ago. It's a long trip, but definitely worth it.

I'm just south of Stonehaven, but work in Aberdeen so will keep an eye out for you!

Aaron92

Ah awesome i wondered if there would anyone else from up this way on here!

I stay in Inverurie.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Aaron92 said:
Ah awesome i wondered if there would anyone else from up this way on here!

I stay in Inverurie.
There are a few of us, although I've never actually met any of the others! haha. Most DC5 owners up here don't seem to be members though sadly.