newbie from Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur

lingwu

hi guys...I spend my time half month in Bangkok and half month in Kuala Lumpur. Had just found a sweet DC5 year 2004 and am going about it to import it to Bangkok. Need to know how to change the speed limiter/speedo dial to a higher one....higher is how much by the way? Any contacts for me the change in Bangkok will be great.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Welcome mate

You could probably convert the clocks to MPH so that you wont need to change them??

I'm over in Bangkok in April so might see you around :wink:

-mdma-

hey people..

I am just 6 hours drive from Bangkok.. I will be going over to Bangkok for tuning in April.. do you guys wanna meet up??

Kenny

-mdma-

hi,

Thailand and Malaysia is using the same system which is km/h. I have seen your pics, shouldn't be a problem. The 260 speedo without speed limiter is good enough rather than the JDM ones with only 180 with speed limiter.

Kenny

lingwu

guys...hit a major snag....to import the car (a 2nd hand car) into bangkok is a BIG deal and problem...the deal is off. So I am currently looking at the new DC5 in Bangkok but the parallel importers are quoting moronic high prices. So currently am looking at KL and dun seem to able to find the actual importer. Seen a few new DC5 zooming past me. Any guys here can help?

lingwu

azriDC5R said:
hi ya.... am from kL as well.... just got mine few months ago..
From your avatar, i can see that it is the DC5R before sept 2004 ie before facelift. So where did u get yours? Anybody bringing in a brand new one? In bangkok, I was quoted about RM280k for a brand new one.

-mdma-

lingwu,

I am afraid there wouldn't be any new ones for sale as noone is allowed to import in any new Honda sports cars into Malaysia. This is due to the import licence bring controlled by the M'sian Honda distributor. There are rumors that they are going to dismiss the right, but who know! But there are lots of second hand ones for sale now. If you need one i could find out more for you. I've also checked out the price in Bangkok, it costs a bomb to get one and parts for K20 in Bangkok is really rare and expensive.

Kenny

lingwu

hi kenny. thanks for helping. I am serious looking for a DC5R facelisft model (i.e. sept04 onwards). An import recon will be good. Meanwhile, after going to a few importers in Bangkok, I found one which has been importing new DC5R at RM240k only. Waiting period is 2 months for the delivery but will have to wait longer now since it is the festival period (songkran) in Thailand.

-mdma-

Hi lingwu... I think you can forget about getting the car from Malaysia... It will be better for you to get in Thailand... RM240K is an acceptable price... Well, if you like it... Hehe... I bought mine a 03 model at RM225K... I am in Laos now... I always drive down to bangkok... see when can we meet up... over in bangkok... after songkran will be good...

lingwu

hi kenny. Thanks again. U are a big help. Sure we can meet up. Currently I am in KL but will be back in Bangkok on 2 May 2006. Let me know you will be in bangkok and perhaps we can go party together too. :lol:

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
yo dan... mine is being resprayed by the previous owner.. my dream color is still Champo White... but its the only Spoon yellow dc5 on our roads here... CW is still d best tho... will repaint it when ive got some dosh.... cheers

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
eh lingwu... u used to be in team.es(civic ES) innit?? ur name just sounds so familiar man... used to hang out w them too....

lingwu

azriDC5R...nope...but am a member of HCOC. U can join us if u want. For your infor, HCOC is having a track day event in SIC on May 1st. PM me if you want to join.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
o i c... but have u tried sourcing the car from Honda Malaysia??? ive asked before n m sure its much lower than what they quoted you in thailand... but have to use their AP tho... west star motorsport

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
yeah i prolly keep the color for a year... just need some tarching up... so boody many stone chips haha..

lingwu

azriDC5R...I have tried asking west star last month but they say all the AP is held by Honda Malaysia since the NAP was out. Called Honda Malaysia but they say not bringing in. Hmm...do u have some kind of "connection" in Honda Malaysia? :wink: If yes then I dun mind getting it in KL.