Newbie from Belgium

sascha_nijs

Hey everyone. My name is Sascha, i'm 25 years old, have a 1-year old kid (Tibo) and i've been together for 7 years with my girlfriend (Sofie). I always loved honda's but never had one untill a few years ago. My first honda was a beaten-up, abused integra dc2. Me and a friend restored it completely. I had the engine swapped to a jdm b18C, instead of the EUDM b18c6. Then i took care of the interior, but then the moment came to sell the car. We just became parents and with kids comes the need of a bigger 'family-minded' car. So nowadays i drive a honda civic 1.4, 5-door, black "machine" :D. I do believe the code is fk2, but i'm not sure.

I went to the south mimms meeting last year with my dc2, and ever since i saw the dc5 there i fell in love. I had to get me one. On the meeting i met Lorna, she helped me alot and referred me to this site. I am on the look for a good dc5.
The reason why i am on this forum: to learn about dc5, to buy a dc5 and to become a proud dc5-owner ;-)

Now i must say that in order te be called a "good" dc5 i have some point it has to complete.
-it has to be near stock
-it has to be white or blue
-it has to have "low" mileage (under the 100.000km's would be nice)

The reason for my "demands" is that getting the car isn't easy. I have to get it taxed, registrated and homologated. This means i have to get the car to my local mot-station (in Belgium it is called GOCA) to see if it gets the demands required by GOCA. Since the dc5 never was available in Belgium this means that i have to start up the entire proces. Also, if everything works, i would be the FIRST guy driving a dc5 on Belgium papers AND on Belgium roads.

This is a short list, probably forgot to mention some things so if one has any questions, feel free to ask :D

Vtequila

Dutchy
Welcome here. There is another guy from Belgium who's been trying to import another DC5, color is NHB. You guys will probably meet some day.

sascha_nijs

actually i'd rather like to buy one in the UK. Much more owners there, and they treat their cars with respect. And who is the other guy from Belgium?

sascha_nijs

btw, guys on this forum: i read alot of posts saying that alot of dc5 parts come from Belgium? Is this correct? Where/what company do they come from? is it AVB-sports? Because considering the fact that they come from my country, this could make it alot easier for me to fix/restore/get the car in shape for the "mot"

sascha_nijs

then i would also like to know if it is possible to build in the dash from an acura rsx into a honda dc5? cause the acura's have gauges in km's and the speedometer goes till 260

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I believe Belgium is the head-importer of Europe for Honda parts with the biggest stock.
Yep. All Honda parts come from Belgium. Strange as we assemble the cars in Swindon!!

Welcome along. Hope you find the right DC5 for you. Take your time. The right one will come along. Pictures of your DC2?!

Brecht

Advanced Member
Hey Sascha , if you have any questions regarding the import of a dc5 you can always ask me.
My teg is going for mot next week after 10 1/2 months of homologation.
If you want , i can introduce you to my importer?
Hope you have a lot of patience , you are going to need it haha. :xgrin:

Good luck

sascha_nijs

Brecht said:
Hey Sascha , if you have any questions regarding the import of a dc5 you can always ask me.
My teg is going for mot next week after 10 1/2 months of homologation.
If you want , i can introduce you to my importer?
Hope you have a lot of patience , you are going to need it haha. :xgrin:

Good luck
That would be really kind of you! and about that patience, yeah, i knew it was gonna take forever :D