Newbie from cheshire

tom7865

Always had hondas and always dreamed of owning a DC5 or EK9. Its a bit tricky to find a nice stock EK9 Rx model so i went for a DC5.

Just bought a fresh import with 52k on the clock last week and finally got round to cleaning it today (well my brother actually as hes a detailing freak)! Although it may be up for sale soon as i have just landed a new job abroad! - would export it over to australia but getting past the red tape doesnt seem to be worth it.

Love the way it drives and handles. VTEC crossover is alot less pronounced than the B-series engines and its suprisingly quiet even at high revs with the fujitsubo.

Plans are to keep it pretty much stock and just tidy it up - re-laquer the calipers, refurb wheels, fresh gearknob etc.

(If anyone knows the part number for the standard gearknob please let me know)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum mate!

Car looks great, lot of contaminants come off on the clay there which is always a good sign. Should look good now that it's cleaned.

I'm in North Wales so not far from you.

tom7865

Crazylegs said:
Welcome to the forum mate!

Car looks great, lot of contaminants come off on the clay there which is always a good sign. Should look good now that it's cleaned.

I'm in North Wales so not far from you.
yeah although most of that crap was from the white parts of the arches, it was actually pretty clean already to be honest.

will have to take a trip through n. wales in it soon, epic scenery and nice roads you've got there

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It does look a really clean example to be fair. :)

Yes, there are some cracking roads round here, definitely worth a trip.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Welcome along mate, looks nice clean example

Shame though it might be short lived though as you may have to sell due to moving lol

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I also live north Wales and have a shiney oem gear knob up for grabs if your interested

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Mark_teg

Staff member
Welcome!

Nice photos, never seen the front plate holder colour coded before :)

tom7865

coyote_dc5 said:
I also live north Wales and have a shiney oem gear knob up for grabs if your interested

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
nice, is it the standard one? how much you after?

Mark_teg said:
Welcome!

Nice photos, never seen the front plate holder colour coded before :)
yeah, i noticed that too, looks nice and clean, just need new plates now without the GB

DC5RS said:
Welcome bud, really nice photos the car looks ace
cheers

Stewlark said:
Welcome! Where abouts in Cheshire are you from?
the wirral peninsula, you close by? seems to be a few in north wales on here

Stewlark

Advanced Member
tom7865 said:
nice, is it the standard one? how much you after?

yeah, i noticed that too, looks nice and clean, just need new plates now without the GB

cheers

the wirral peninsula, you close by? seems to be a few in north wales on here
I live Buckley, but grew up in Cheshire. How long you had it? I work on Wirral and keep seeing a white one on park gate road.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Welcome to the forum, car looks stunning :)

im from north wales, tegs are breeding round here. We should organise a parkgate meetup soon before weather gets any worse.

Who imported it for you?

tom7865

Stewlark said:
I live Buckley, but grew up in Cheshire. How long you had it? I work on Wirral and keep seeing a white one on park gate road.
im at the other end in new brighton, i've seen a guy driving around here in an arctic blue pre facelift but haven't seen any others
CaLi said:
Welcome to the forum, car looks stunning :)

im from north wales, tegs are breeding round here. We should organise a parkgate meetup soon before weather gets any worse.

Who imported it for you?
parkgate meet sounds good, i'd be there. and i bought mine from a dealer (essentially a middleman) in bradford - im not sure which company actually imported it…:-(

EDWUMAST3R

Welcome mate, car looks great I'm from Crewe in Cheshire and work in Warrington so not a million miles away from you ;-)

dk123

Advanced Member
Car looks great mate. Very clean. Both myself and mike (sweet black DC5/volks alloys) live Ellesmere Port ways so it would definitely be good to get everyone together! Congrats on the job if you head to Aus - cool country.