Newbie from East London :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Hello guys, and girls..

I'm Michael, a.k.a Mikey, from Dagenham, East London...

been recommended to sign up and have a look around as well as get to know you guys by Jonathan at RE Spirit..

love the DC5, saving up for one at the moment.. have been writing to santa to tell him i've been good this year and deserve one for christmas... lol.. also praying that insurance won't kill me when i get my hands on one (i'm only 22 atm)

currently driving a milano red EP2, if you are from East London or go to South Mimms, you would've most likely seen me or my EP2 about..

scottj15

Advanced Member
Welcome Mikey, nice looking EP2. I use to have a Milano EP2 myself before the DC5, they're great cars.

You should be alright with insurance, their's quite a few members on here with DC5's at 21/22, myself included. Have a read through some of the insurance threads for recommended companies.

Good luck with the DC5 hunt xthumbup

yosin

Advanced Member
Welcome mikey, i think i may have seen you loitering around on the civinfo forum aswell.

Your in dagenham so your not to far away from me, im in harlow. I frequent around the redbridge and stratford westfield area alot so hopefully catch you on the roads sometime :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
scottj15 said:
Welcome Mikey, nice looking EP2. I use to have a Milano EP2 myself before the DC5, their great cars.

You should be alright with insurance, their's quite a few members on here with DC5's at 21/22, myself included. Have a read through some of the insurance threads for recommended companies.

Good luck with the DC5 hunt xthumbup
yeah, i will definitely be in contact with them soon.. i'm paying just over £900 for my ep2 via Chris Knott, so i really do hope the bill for dc5 isn't too much above that..

yosin said:
Welcome mikey, i think i may have seen you loitering around on the civinfo forum aswell.

Your in dagenham so your not to far away from me, im in harlow. I frequent around the redbridge and stratford westfield area alot so hopefully catch you on the roads sometime :)
haha yes, i have been around civinfo :p my uncle bought a fk2 recently so i been helping him get info from the guys over there.. was also interested in a M200 but that's more expensive than the dc5 and less fun... so, you know..

yosin

Advanced Member
i was also interested in the m200. i really do like the looks of the motor. But bit outside my price range, but may have a toy with one if they lower in price and feel like something less raw :)

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
so.............

after a good 5 months of searching.. i've found the dc5 which has ticked most of my boxes and can become my next project...

originally i was looking for a prefacelift.. went out with my mate one day and met his cousin who had a facelift.. told him i was looking for a dc5 and he told me he was looking to sell his soon.. after some months of looking for a pre- and thinking about a facelift, i decided the facelift was the one as it's more rare than the pre- and i knew abit about the history for the past few years for the one owned by my mate's cousin..

anyways.. got back in contact with him about it and arranged a viewing... everything went well, and took it home last weekend...

the only downer about the car is: wheels need refurbishing, starter button doesn't work, driver seat bolster worn, no parcel shelf, and engine bay abit dirty.. but all that i can live with...

it's abit dirty at the moment so haven't taken any presentable pictures yet so here are some photos i found from one of the previous owners..

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Looks sweeet, another facelift for the win :), any modifications?, cause that's a mugen front lip I see :).

Haza

Welcome mike, am originally from Romford just around the corner also 22 and went to royal lib, hope full see u at mims mate

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
Looks sweeet, another facelift for the win :), any modifications?, cause that's a mugen front lip I see :).
the car is standard with exception of one, yes, you said it, mugen front lip.. :p

the only sad part is it's not in as perfect condition as it is in the picture :( previous owner hit the curb with it once and left a small crack on it, so now has some white tape on top, will get it repaired soon though..