Newbie from North Wales

MattBlake2

Hi guys! New member here from North Wales. I've recently purchased a DC5 and I'm totally new to the Honda and even to the JDM scene. I'm going to collect it on Wednesday and to say I'm excited would be the understatement of the year. I'm genuinely loosing sleep over it haha! Some of you may know the car as it's previous owner, Tom- aka Shortstuff, is a very active member of this forum and a genuinely sound lad.

Im normally a bit of a quiet member of forums but no doubt I'll have questions in the future and I won't hesitate to ask. Although, you seem to have covered most bases in this forum. Speaking of questions though- I'm looking to change the headlight bulbs to yellow ones.. any suggestions? I've read any H1 bulb will fit and a few of the RSX boys across the pond seem to use Nokya 2500 70w items.

So yeah... glad to become a member. Any advice, tips or anything I'd be glad to hear them 😊

Cheers

MattBlake2

Thanks buddy. The car is gorgeous.. so clean inside and out and I couldn't be happier. Well... as of Wednesday I'll be happy 😄

MattBlake2

CaLi- i'm from Flint, how about yourself? Do you have a white DC5? I saw one last week in park gate late at night. I was in my Renault 5.. ring any bells?

Fez- thanks mate... I'm so chuffed ❤️

Chris- your absolutely right.. and I decided to drive home from Gloucester through the Brecon Beacons 😏. Hopefully I won't need new tyres by the time I get up to my area haha!

muffinman

Advanced Member
Welcome! Looks like you've bought a good un too!

With the headlight bulbs, the dipped beams on a jdm dc5 are hids, whereas the rsx has conventional bulbs i believe.

MattBlake2

Thanks mate 😊

Ahhh I see, so it's a possible no then? I love the look of the inner 2 lights being yellow (sorry not sure if it's dipped or main bulb). May have to see if there's something else out there that is a possibility 👍🏽

muffinman

Advanced Member
Probably not unless you remove the hids and run normal bulbs or perhaps wrap the lights yellow?

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Welcome. Few of us here near Chester/Ellesmereport. Although not so many that I have seen another in passing yet ;)

Picked your self a nice car there.

MattBlake2

Hmmm.. food for thought then! It's just the inner bulb that I fancied yellow so I'll see if anything can be done. First to get the car 😂!!

Ahh cool not far then missmydc2 😊

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
MattBlake2 said:
CaLi- i'm from Flint, how about yourself? Do you have a white DC5? I saw one last week in park gate late at night. I was in my Renault 5.. ring any bells?
The Quay. I have a white one but wasnt me. Cant think who it would have been either hmm

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
The inner two lights are the full beams... you can swap them out and put yellow in if you wish. Just conventional halogen headlamp bulbs.

The main beams however id personaly leave 5-6k hid for visabillity, but if you wish to change them to yellow, just go for anything lower that a 3k HID lamp. (D2R lamp needed)

The lower the k number, the "yellower" the light output :) 4.3-6 is where your whites are, and 8k + is the dark blues/ purples. Google HID coulur chart and you will see. ;)

As for the car, good purchase. Know it well. A very good example you have there, enjoy it bud :) welcome by the way.

MattBlake2

CaLi- the Quay!?!! I've not spotted you!! Hardly ever see Teg's tbf.. if I see you I'll be sure to stop and chat 👍🏽

Jimmer- thanks for the info bud.. it is just the full beam that I wanna change so I'll order some bulbs later 😉

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum

Pleasure doing business with you mate, can vouch for you on here if you ever sell or buying anything.

Enjoy the car as i have :)

Sylar122

Advanced Member
MattBlake2 said:
Thanks Tom! So chuffed with her.. she's in good hands
Welcome mate! Also form north Wales, but Bodelwyddan based near Abergele. Hope to see you round soon

What day and time did you see a CW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk