Newbie from Scotland

Robbo24

Hi folks. Just thought I would get a thread started as I am picking up my freshly imported dc5 from SVA Imports on Saturday 😊
New to the Honda scene came from having a Ford Fiesta so quite looking forward to having something with a bit more GO.
I'm from around the Glasgow area already spotted a few members from around that area. Anyway thanks for looking.

Missing her already but onwards and upwards

Brophy

Advanced Member
Welcome along mate, I'm from Glasgow area (near Glasgow airport)

Where you stay ?

Looks nice clean example

Robbo24

Brophy said:
Welcome along mate, I'm from Glasgow area (near Glasgow airport)

Where you stay ?

Looks nice clean example
I stay in kilbirnie mate prob about 15 mins from you, looks like there's a good few dc5 around our area. Thanks mate can't wait to pick it up 👍

itrboi

Advanced Member
Welcome along car looks very clean :) , Im still waiting on mine arriving in the country!

Robbo24

itrboi said:
Welcome along car looks very clean :) , Im still waiting on mine arriving in the country!
I am very surprised how good of condition it looks. Especially the engine bay. Excellent mate is it a personal import or a company doing it for you ?

donzooo

Advanced Member
Welcome mate, I'm just north of Glasgow, Loch Lomond area.

Another Scottish teg :)

Robbo24

Andy@200BHP said:
welcome bud. like th eseats in the fiesta but love the TEG :)
Thanks mate. Liked the fiesta just lacked power and they are getting too common 👎

Robbo24

Well picked my car up on Saturday from sva and started my 500 mile journey home and I am pleased to say I am delighted with the car. Drives superb and is in good condition. Not had a chance to have a right good look at her due to work and the weather. Few pictures.

Noticed tonight I have rain water coming in at the top of my bootlid got a feeling it's the seal that goes around the boot ? Any ideas. I will attach a picture at the end. Thanks people 😁

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Your wet patch on the roof lining is probably nothing to do with the seal, its more than likely a split/leaky hose from your rear washer on the roof. ;) my cousin had this problem on his DC2, easy fix. :)

Welcome by the way chap.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
They aren't known for setting alight, no need to park it so close to a fire station ;)

Looks like a winner and hope you get some serious time together soon.

Robbo24

Jimmer said:
Your wet patch on the roof lining is probably nothing to do with the seal, its more than likely a split/leaky hose from your rear washer on the roof. ;) my cousin had this problem on his DC2, easy fix. :)

Welcome by the way chap.
Thanks mate never thought about that actually too focused on the heavy rain 😂 I will have a look at guides to gaining access to the washer hose. Cheers for advice 👍

Robbo24

MissMyDC2 said:
They aren't known for setting alight, no need to park it so close to a fire station ;)

Looks like a winner and hope you get some serious time together soon.
Haha I will need to keep it close incase I need to pump water out of the car 😂 need to get to the bottom of this leak. Thanks 😁