Newbie from Sheffield.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself as I've just put down deposit on this DC5. It's due in the uk around the end of 30th November. It's a standard car with the C pack. It was grade 4B and after seeing the auction sheet I had no hesitation in purchasing.

http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/honda-integra-type-r-18/

I've been lurking around this forum for a while Just gathering information, looking for nice examples etc.

I'm not new to Hondas though as I currently drive a Premier EP3. I'm really looking forward to DC5 ownership after reading how much better they are than EP3s.

So yeah that's all really, looking forward to attending some meets in the future.

Cheers
Chris

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome.

Seeing your car has brought back some memories. My Lord it was a long wait but well worth it. Take a selfie after your first drive and put it on here. I know now what its going to be like.

Regards.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Haha I may well do that. It's a 260 mile drive back so that's going to be class.

Thanks for the welcome.

YENRAV

Advanced Member
Welcome :xwavey:

I'm not too far away either, J27/28 off the M1, more Newark way though.

Enjoy the car :xking:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Hi Yenrav,

Thanks for the welcome I'm sure I will enjoy the Teg. I'm down near newark sometimes visiting mates in Nottingham and fishing. Its a very nice place.

Chris

ste01

Advanced Member
Welcome buddy, good choice with the car, best colour 8)

Where in Sheffield are you? I used to live there until last year, awesome place. Still end up there a fair bit seeing Uni mates

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Haha definitely although I would have preferred Milano Red if the paint wasn't a pain to maintain. I Live near meadowhead which is south sheffield close to chesterfield. Where abouts in sheffield were you?

ste01

Advanced Member
I used to live in Crookes and then the Jet Centro apartments in city centre, was in Sheffield for about 8yrs. I vaguely know meadowhead, went over that way to 5-a-side in Dronfield. How's insuring the teg in sheffield? I always found car insurance loads over there. I can now insure my teg and ibiza for less than it was to insure my ibiza alone in Sheffield, even when I had a locked underground secure car park!

Do you know what boat your teg is on? If you do get yourself on a website called Marine Traffic and get tracking it :)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Crookes is really nice isn't it and so is Dronfield. Insurance isn't too bad really. I've got a clean licence and maximum no claims so it's not too bad. I was with Adrian Flux this year with the ep3 and it was 850 (21 year old when I got the quote, 22 now) and they want an extra 105 for the remaining 7 months on the teg so I would estimate probably 1000 for the year hoping it's around 800 at renewal.

Where do you live now?

I don't actually know what boat it's on as it was already on its way to UK when I bought it but I'll ask Darren at torque on Monday thanks for tip

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Good tip regarding the marine tracking service and good fun being able to see what ports she visits. Breathe a sigh of relief when she gets past Somalia. Lol. Gets exciting when you see her coming into the English Channel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Haha Somalia. These vessels dont go fast enough for my liking ;). Where are you based Granty? Yeah will be itching once I see it arrive in the English Channel