Newbie from Stoke

keo

Hi everyone, I am currently looking for a DC5 wanted one for a long time, but other cars and a house purchase have got in the way.I had a EP3 CTR Premier about 6 years, nice car but i hated the electric power steering so it was traded in less than six months later. Everything i read about the DC5 is that it is alot better than the EP3 main advantages are the hydraulic power steering and LSD.

I have spent the last 11 months in a Volvo estate and it is depressing! I bought a house though and my old man gave it to me as he has had a new car, its been ideal for going the tip and BnQ. I want a fun car again though. Miss just going for a drive for the sake of it and spending Sunday afternoons car cleaning!

Few of my old cars (Hope this is ok mods)

Loved my 106 GTI, was my first "fast" car

Like i said hated this, at the time it was between a ep3 and dc5 i didnt think i would of got insured on the DC5 at the time. Wish i had tried now though!

VX220 Turbo loved this, shame i crashed it. Young lad, lesson learnt the hard way!

Loved the Trophy, longest i have kept a car at around 4 years. Only sold as helped the house deposit. Someone came and looked at it from off the owners club, picked it up the week after. Maybe i shouldn't of sold it. Just hopping a DC5 is better

Thanks

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum mate, I'm from stoke myself so you may see me around in mine! Where exactly are you based?

Some nice cars there too, always really wanted a trophy myself but felt the Interior let them down a bit. I'm considering a twingo 133 as a daily too but that's a similar case inside I think

keo

Hi Dan, I am from Longton where are you? I havent seen you, have you had it long? I have seen a red one a couple of times though. I agree with you on the Trophy interior. i always preferred the interior in my EP3.

I have spoken to an importer today as I am struggling to get one I like. He said if i ordered one now I wouldn't have it until after Christmas, I hope it will be worth the wait! Don't want to be disappointed again like with the EP3.

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Quite local to me then, I'm from clayton. I've had the car since around feb/march but I work out Telford way so that's probably why you haven't seen me about in it. I saw the red one you're probably talking about on the A500 down at junction 15 last week actually! Was pretty filthy but the weather had been awful, white tempted by a Milano one day.

Anyway I don't imagine you will be disappointed with a DC5 mate, especially with regards to the steering feel! I'm very happy with mine, although it has taken a few months to get everything up to the standard I want, but the majority of that has been unavoidable maintenance jobs.

Would be good to see another 5 around locally!

keo

I cant wait to get one Dan, might go look at two this weekend. One is south wales and the other is Northumberland though.

Hi edwumaster, no not far mate

knighty2189

Advanced Member
Agreed with dan, ive owned a ep3, impreza sti, mk2 focus rs, and a jdm 350z, and the teg is by far the best handling car ive owned, with a FRSU and a decent set of tyres youll be sorted for many hours of fun on the b roads, Also im a stokie aswell, based in hartshill myself, so if you guys see a white dc5 around with black wheels and winglets, give me a beep :)

bennn

Advanced Member
Hello and welcome. I can confirm that a DC5 is in a completely different league to an EP3 having had two of each now, the main thing I missed going from a DC5 and back to an EP3 was the definitely the steering - more so than the LSD.

Oddly enough I've also had a 106 GTi and a Clio 182 (although not a trophy) before and wouldn't hesitate to say the DC5 is the best of the bunch.

What exactly are you looking for? I've got a tidy Arctic Blue DC5 that will be going up for sale at the weekend and I'm not far at all from Stoke drop me a PM if its of any interest.