Newbie jap owner engine mount question

scottrallye

Hello all, recently bought a dc5, *great car* just looking to uprate the mounts as they're old and gone soft, coming from the french cars I used to own we liked the vibratechnics mounts..
What are the recommended mounts for these cars? And where is the best place to buy them from.
I've seen some nice billet aluminium ones for around £250

Car is used on the road but I'm no stranger to hard mounts, love the difference they make.

Many thanks!

Rob R

Advanced Member
Most people opt for Energry Suspension poly inserts that are about £30 for the front and rear mount

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Innovative are quite popular too and are available in either steel or aluminium. They can be bought in several different compounds for street/race etc.

Also heard of people running Avid mounts but know little about them.

Welcome btw.

beppe786

Beppe
hasport are the pioneers in engine mounts

Avid used them and they snapped.. so i know there crap and cheap for a reason

Innovative are good but some on the usa forums people claim after a year the rubbering goes egg shaped..

go for billet aluminium one piece..

Dannymean

Advanced Member
I have the vibra-technic fast road kit on my dc5 . Highly recommended , well worth the money.

scottrallye

Thanks for getting back to me, I did come across hasport but can't find a place in the UK that sells them?

Benneh

Advanced Member
When I got mine and noticed the front mount split I decided on replacing the mounts with OEM mounts from Honda and then Polybush inserts. It adds a little bit more of a vibration feeling, but nothing drastic compared to swapping to billet / solid mounts.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
What sort of price?
I have the inserts front, rear and gearbox but get a jolt on/off throttle so thinking the mounts have gone although they do look ok...

scottrallye

tricker_luke said:
What sort of price?
I have the inserts front, rear and gearbox but get a jolt on/off throttle so thinking the mounts have gone although they do look ok...
They were £265 delivered, can't wait for them to arrive! I also have a jerky feeling with mine expecially in first gear low speeds around town etc, drivers side top mount is split and soft though which explains it.

integraleo

Advanced Member
I have uprated mounts all round and it's still jerky especially 1st and very bad when cold. It's just these engines I'm afraid