Newbie need help regarding LSD DC5

detasemen88

Hi all... I am n newbie in this forum.

Understood that our DC5R comes with standard LSD, right? Well this is kind of new stuff for me.

How do we maintain the LSD, is there anything we should check on daily basis like engine oil (pls tell me how if we need).

Also, i was told that the LSD oild need to be replaced. how many km is that?

mine is 2002 DC5 R with 17,000 km on the clock (yeah seldom used)

Thanks

Ted

detasemen88

another dumb quest... how do you tell if your LSD is not working properly? like the symptoms... during acceleration or turning the vehicle

gannondc5

Advanced Member
The lsd is is inside the gearbox with your gears so every 10000mls service you should change the oil its called honda mtf 3 which you should be able to get at any honda dealer
also if its worn on tight corners when on full lock of the steering wheel you might hear a rubbing noise and what feels like the wheels hopping
or possible you have an aftermarket upratted lsd which are noisey

detasemen88

gannondc5 said:
The lsd is is inside the gearbox with your gears so every 10000mls service you should change the oil its called honda mtf 3 which you should be able to get at any honda dealer
also if its worn on tight corners when on full lock of the steering wheel you might hear a rubbing noise and what feels like the wheels hopping
or possible you have an aftermarket upratted lsd which are noisey
thanks mate for your input.... I was told by Honda that gearbox oil change is at every 20,000km interval..

the dumb thing is they dont know what LSD is, :xmad:

well Sports car or coupe are mostly grey imports here...

anyway many thanks!!! :wink:

The Std DC5 has a Worm gear LSD ,so it wont clank and gring on full lock if it is getting worn out.
it just wont go round corners as well and it will understeer,It may also jump around when you hit cats eyes and bumps in the road, assuming all the other geometric settings are at their optimum.
We can check and report on these kind of things.
oil isnt a critical with a worm diff as with a plate diff.5w40 is a good one if you drive it hard.

regards,
Paul,

no one knows,,,there like light bulbs,some last ages and some dont. :?