Newty's 2008/9 quotes...

Newty

Advanced Member
Hey peeps...

I know a lot of people try to get an idea of different insurers of quotes, so I am starting this thread to to give you an idea of the differences...I will keep it up to date as I progress with quotes, and hopefully it will be useful...if not, then delete the damn thing...!!!

I am 26 (27 in Jan), driving since Nov'00, no points, safe postcode (LA18), 4 years no claims (1 previous accident)...

Been with Adrian Flux for a few years, got my renewel letter today....
£1034.57 Fully Comp.
Excess: £350, Glass Cover Inc; Mod's like for like basis

Not to bad to start off with...although was hoping it would drop...we'll see! :wink:

Grangey

Advanced Member
christ im cheaper than that at am 21 3 years ncb with no points.... your previous claim probs effects it though

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
£1034.57 Fully Comp........Ouch :shock:

Definately shop around Dave and I'm sure you can drive that price down some.

Give Sky and lifesure a call, they seem very competitive at the moment :wink:

locky

thats alot

i got a quote for 700 fully comp 4ncb 3 points driving 6 years 24 car in garage pritty safeish area

Newty

Advanced Member
Update....

Sky: £981...£350 excess, glass cover, mods like for like

A-Plan: £898...£500 excess, £60 excess glass, NCB protected

I should add that I do have to park roadside, although the area is ok. And the following mods are declared:
GruppeM,
Toda Mani,
Spoon Throttlebody,
Powerflow exhaust,
Hondata KPro,
Lowered,
Ings bonnet,
Ings side skirts,
Alloys....

I will try a few more numbers tomorrow...!

Newty

Advanced Member
Lifesure is no good....too young, not enough experience... :?

They have put me through to Call Connect who are currently putting me around the world for a better quote...its a long process....

Newty

Advanced Member
Premium Choice....£850...£500 excess, NCB Protected

Bit better....few more to try yet...

Grangey

Advanced Member
christ your excesses are high, if you went back to sky saying you pay 500 excess im sure theyd be cheaper

Newty

Advanced Member
Yeah....It's a calculated risk to take I suppose!!! I have always been use to having high excess', so nothing new to me.

Anyway, getting a bit frustrated now, I am getting bounced around a bit from co. to co. I think some are taking the biscuit. Just got a quote from Hiperformance for £760...but I don't think he included the mods!!!

Anyway, Noel Dazely next...

Newty

Advanced Member
Okay....

Phoned back Sky, they can match £850 but with a lesser £350 excess, NCB not protected (have to wait for 5 years)...And the D/D payments are less too.

Hope I aint boring people with this, to be honest I have never phoned around like this before so I hope it creates a 'bigger' picture for people.

cfoster

Advanced Member
Adrian flux sounds high, i'm with them, am 28 with full no claims, 3 points in a medium area and am paying £457 fully comp! (51 plate DC5)

Newty

Advanced Member
Phoned Adrian Flux back, they will be willing to match/beat Sky but need a quote in writting.

A-Plan phoned back and can go to £825 with £350 excess and protected NCB and all the usual like for like stuff. This one sounds most attractive. One more call to Sky...!!!

Grangey

Advanced Member
Well done, finally you have found the real meaning behind "phoning around", this is what insurance quoting is about, negotiations. this is where you should get a good deal mate!

Newty

Advanced Member
Well, Sky couldn't go any lower. Still got to get a quote from Noel Dazely. Will try them in the morning, if they aint lower, Im going with A-Plan...

Unless anyone has any other recom's?

Newty

Advanced Member
Premium Choice called back this morning....£810, £350 excess, mods like for like, NCB protected, inc. legal cover previously quoted at an extra £30, all the usual.

Signed up, as have run out of energy for the phone calls!!! Doubt I would get it much lower now anyway!

So, there we have it. Another year done. My words to peeps would be to step outside the box...on here 3 insurers are recommended, 2 all the time. But try others too...just in case!!!

Ta ta x x x

Newty

Advanced Member
...maybe next year! I tried them a few times, couldn't get to an advisor and they were meant to call back but didn't.