Nexus 7 tablet.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Just got myself the above recently. Its a great quick little tablet with a super HD screen. I've managed to attach a game controller, keyboard and mouse by using an OTG cable so it's great for general browsing and for playing games. I don,t need the keyboard and mouse, I just wanted to see if they worked. The game controller though I think is a must if you want to sit back with the tablet propped up on a stand, playing whatever games you're into.

I've also found an app called Splashtop which allows you to remotely control your desk top computer or laptop, in my case anywhere in the house. Its works a treat for all my PC games on my computer.

Although the picture is a lot smaller the clarity is absolutely brill. I went for the 7 but now I've realized what it's capable of, I'm thinking I should have paid a bit extra and gone for the 10 with 3G.

If you're thinking of getting yourself a tablet, read the reviews for the Nexus. At it's price range its better than some, that cost a lot more.

Regards. Granty.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I have the 7 and love it :) I will have to give it a go with controller for games.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Santa managed to bring me one of these aswell. Fantasic little bit of kit, it was either one of these or a new graphics card for my PC. I'm pretty glad i went for this.

Any games you recommend? I've been pretty impressed with Final Freeway 2R and Osmos. Also World of Goo gets my vote.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

All I've got on at present are Dead Trigger and Shadowgun THD. I've been a keyboard and mouse gamer for years and I'm finding the change interesting. I'm finding it a bit of a struggle with the gamepad and easier using the onscreen touch buttons. I notice you were on about a graphics card. I'm in need of a number of upgrades for my gaming computer, but I've read recently that Nvidia are moving into streaming games from their servers onto computers, a bit like films from Netflix, Blinkbox, Etc.

The interesting bit is that you don't need a high end gaming computer to run the games at high end speeds and picture quality. Apparently if your set up includes a mid range Nvidia card you will be able to get high end graphics and performance using their servers.

I think they call it Nvidia Cloud or Nvidia Grid, something like that. The Americans will probably get it first. I'm gonna wait and see how it all works out before parting with a lot of cash, which I'll need to, to future proof me computer.

Regards. Granty.

Jaybo

They are great little tablets at a great price point. I've had two but unfortunately they both broke so I got fed up and bought an iPad. Suits my needs better. I have had a go on the Nexus 10, beautiful bit of hardware.