nice sounding drop in filter?

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
You wont get much sound from a drop in filter but for the best posible you should probably get a foam one. Spoon are probably known as the best ones but they are very expensive, ITG do a good one for around £50.

To get better sound and for an allround better mod do the Hondata airbox mod at the same time

jammy84

Advanced Member
Gaz DC5 said:
To get better sound and for an allround better mod do the Hondata airbox mod at the same time
which is?? I ran a search on this and found nothing but people talking about it. I have no idea what it is or how to do it. point me in the right direction please.

C2BDB

Advanced Member
hondata mod is when you take the guts out of the bottom half of the air box its ment to improve air flow to the filter as you get rid of the big bit of plastic that forms a kind of dam,
heres the one i did i never noticed any extra noise tho as my exhausts rather noisy :twisted: now got the gruppe m and can hear tha just fine :xyes:

LeeH

Advanced Member
Gaz DC5 said:
You wont get much sound from a drop in filter but for the best posible you should probably get a foam one. Spoon are probably known as the best ones but they are very expensive, ITG do a good one for around £50.

To get better sound and for an all round better mod do the Hondata airbox mod at the same time
The Spoon filter came out poorly on a recent test I read regarding the filtration and airflow.

ITG came top irc.

jammy84

Advanced Member
C2BDB said:
hondata mod is when you take the guts out of the bottom half of the air box its ment to improve air flow to the filter as you get rid of the big bit of plastic that forms a kind of dam,
heres the one i did i never noticed any extra noise tho as my exhausts rather noisy :twisted: now got the gruppe m and can hear tha just fine :xyes:
correct me if im wrong, but it looks like youve cut out all the fins and that main bit of plastic, and then sanded them all down? looks simple enough, is this meant to give some extra kick then?

C2BDB

Advanced Member
Yeah that is all the hondata mod is I went overkill and took everything out I could I can't say if it really made any differance at all I used the spoon filter could hear it but I really had to listen as my exhausts Is little on the loud side,
it is ment to improve the air flow the filter as you can see it goes from being a 2inch square (from memory) to the full size of the air box,