Nightmare with cam cover

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Been doing a few bits to my car this weekend and i was giving the engine bay abit of a clean up. Started looking quite good until i moved on to clean the cam cover and the paint just cracked away when i gave it a wipe off so now looks gash lol was completely chip free before, looks like ill be ordering one from brenscivic now just need to decide what to go for???!!

firthy22

Advanced Member
You need to decide on a theme for your car and engine bay and get the cam cover to compliment the theme.

I went for a Mugen theme so got the cam cover done in Mugen colours, TypeRiter has gone for a purple theme. You can see them both in garage photos. Brenscivic will do anything you want so try and think of something original if none of the covers he does takes your fancy.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Yeah I went for the clean white look.... Although you do have to keep on top of actually cleaning it!

Anyway Brendon does a cracking job so you won't be disappointed mate.....

If your short of ideas, have a look on the traders section, Bren uploaded a load of pics of past ones he's done mate, might see the perfect one :)

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Does Bren have a stock of cam covers or does he paint yours when he recieves it? I only ask because Im looking to get mine painted but didnt want to leave the cover off the engine for a week or whatever it takes to be sent, painted and delivered.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
cheers for that lads i have looked through his examples he has loaded up some very nice ones i must admit. I relise the whole theme thing, its just i got a few bits i want to do to my car as it is and dont really want to spend loads on the engine bay so loooking at something which will compliment the standard engine bay really. Some lovely examples above though woppy i love yours i think i just want your car lol everything you have done to yours looks unblemished mate! Was thinking maybe incorporating the the artic blue with a silver rising sun or something really cant decide haha.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Oh please... You're making my blush ha.

Mate honestly the photos lie, not as tidy as I'd like yet. Silver will work well, why don't you go for white with a silver rising sun or even a sort of light silver with a dark silver rising sun?

Just thinking something a little different but not to lary. Bren can also do your plug cover to match for a little more.

Keep us posted pal.