nightmare!!

mikegsi

Staff member
im having the same problems as you with tesco!!

me - 27yrs, full NCB, protected, 1 accident (my fault) 2003, kept in garage, 12k miles, rozza

tesco quoted me £934, and assured me it was for the dc5 variant, they would change the engine size etc on the paperwork.
paperwork came today, can you guess what it was listed as???
yep, 1.8 uk itr.
rang up to change the details, oh, im sorry Mr. Hendy, thats a further £350. thought that was pricey and told them no thanks, pls cancel.
having looked on here now that doesnt seem too bad, but as ive cancelled the policy, im gonna have to go through the same rigmarole trying to make sure the car is correctly listed.

waiting on a quote from that A plan.

picking the car up on saturday so need it sorting asap!

mikegsi

Staff member
result,

A PLAN - £930, just ripped their hand off :D

after confirming and again confirming thay had the right vehicle!!

mentioned this site too, may help get us some discounts in the future!

and this quote was with our lass on, which the tesco one was not (tesco put more on with her!!)

27yrs, 1xsp30, teacher

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
result,

A PLAN - £930, just ripped their hand off :D

after confirming and again confirming thay had the right vehicle!!

mentioned this site too, may help get us some discounts in the future!

and this quote was with our lass on, which the tesco one was not (tesco put more on with her!!)

27yrs, 1xsp30, teacher
I think there is a majority of us on here now that has a policy with them :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
and i can see why, very friendly, helpful, very competitive, just hope if i ever did have to claim they would be as expedient :D

dobber

Advanced Member
Adrian Flux were best for me, got mine fully comp protected for £758 8)

Suped

Advanced Member
blimey, thats a cracking quote.

Got £1300 from Adrian flux which I've already paid.

25yr, 8yr NCB, garaged, CAT1, 8k miles, high crime zone.

may give A-Plan a try when the car arrives next month.

Christian Classe

Rang up tesco insurance on Sunday (as ive got my FTO with them) and they quoted me £765 10 years NCB Protected (£665 without protection). No change from my mitsi's premium. Was quite chuffed actually.

dobber

Advanced Member
Christian Classe said:
Rang up tesco insurance on Sunday (as ive got my FTO with them) and they quoted me £765 10 years NCB Protected (£665 without protection). No change from my mitsi's premium. Was quite chuffed actually.
Make sure they have quoted you for a DC5 and not a DC2

Christian Classe

dobber said:
Make sure they have quoted you for a DC5 and not a DC2
Yup defo did cus they had trouble sorting it on the first call, but when I rang back they defo phoned through to under-writting with the info DC5 JDM Import 2ltr. They said under-writting dept. have to compare it to an equal car (e.g 2ltr jdm import) to get the final quote.

I was expecting it to be the same as my FTO anyway because thats a 2ltr V6 JDM, and they are both valued under £30,000 so they said we can do you the same premium.

Thought I was gonna have a nightmare but it actually wasn't too bad. I just had to be really clear and speak sloooooooooowly to them ;¬)