no 1st gear?

linzi94

Advanced Member
trying to help this guy out (from another forum):

Hi ppl,

Posting for an uncle of mine. I have a DC5 and it won't get into first gear. Transmission has just been replaced with Honda MTF as is the 1st & 2nd gear syncro + clutch kit, all original parts from honda. 1st won't engage, 2nd is ok, same goes for the other gears. Clutch feels nice and soft. The selector box was opened and a bolt was discovered loose so we tightened it up. but still the same problem. Just wanted to know if you can help us cause we haven't got a clue where else to look...

Thanks a lot

Suped

Advanced Member
it might be worth while getting him to give Tom @ TGM a call about gearboxes.. they rebuild them quite often. If anyone knows, Tom will know. :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Whoever rebuilt the box has possibly made a mistake, more info is needed though, as i don't understand what they mean by selector box. if you want to pass on my email address then do so, i'll pm it to you.

dan the man

Advanced Member
cause and effect.

imo too much of a coincidence for it to NOT be an error on whiever built the box

Wootty

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
cause and effect.

imo too much of a coincidence for it to NOT be an error on whiever built the box
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem :lol:

Wootty

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
wtf :lol:
entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity.

Occam's Razor - the simplest answer is usually the right one... I'd sort it out with the peeps who did the gearbox

linzi94

Advanced Member
thanks for the email, i sent it on....

we were of the opinion too, that he should return it to the garage that did the work for them to sort it!