no abs light at all and no abs??

96corolla

ive a slight problem with my abs.

ive no abs light at all showing up, I've no ABS kicking in when i hit the brakes.

ive checked the abs fuse in the drivers footwell its fine and theres power coming to it. ive checked the abs fuse under the bonnet , thats fine too and power coming to it. what next ?? its a new car so i was presuming the abs bulb might have been taken out so i did a bit of lookin into it and theres two self tappers that you can see when you look up under the steering column and they look brand new id say there was never a screw driver laid on threm . so im stuck whats next ??

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I had a similar problem with my CRX, different engines and different cars I know but on the CRX you could identify a fault code via the flashing on the ECU so might be worth trying the same on the DC5.

Also, have you started noticing like a loud quick springing type noise then the brake pedal bounces and rattles off your foot at all? That's what happened with the CRX and in the end I needed a new ABS sensor on it.

nellly

Advanced Member
some one has took the bulb out to hide a problem. fit a new bulb and find the fault code or just get it plugged in to read the code off

viggen

Advanced Member
does the abs light come on when you turn on the igntion?if not then the bulb is broken or been removed.replace the bulb.on my accord you can use a paper clip in the obd2 port pins 4 and 9.i think it the same for dc5..but not sure.you do this at your own risk.here are some codes that helped me with my abs problem.scroll down about 2/3 of the page

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=978933

96corolla

okay i took out the clocks and found out that there is no bulbs, there leds ? i have power at abs fuse under the bonnet in the drivers footwell fuse and theres power goin to the abs pump. i dont have abs though and i dont have an abs light on the dash to read a fault code ?? would it be highly unlikey that the led is gone in the clocks?? what other options have i ??

qamvti

Advanced Member
Swap the LED or just get the code read from a auto electrician my local garage charge £20 to read codes. The problem will all most definitely be one or more abs sensors as when you some times remove then to do work on the car they get damaged. Who every had the car before you was a cheap skate and did not get it fixed and did the oldest trick in the book remove the LED/bulb.

Hope this helps