No longer a clay virgin

Cam

Advanced Member
Finally got around to claying the Teg today... took about three hours to do the whole car but the results are well worth it. B)

A before and after of the bumper (this was after washing too):

Doubt it had ever been done... then came the polish and wax... no shots yet. :)

Definitely recommend doing it if you haven't already. I used this stuff: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_253057_langId_-1_categoryId_255233

DC5RS

DC5
very nice, did the black dots being removed with the clay or the polish machine? i have some dots on mine as well

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Clay removes everything sitting on the surface of the clear coat, slowly but surely, it's always my go-to product for removing tar spots etc.

Cam

Advanced Member
Yeah the clay removed everything really, the tar was a bit stubborn but it soon comes off. Will probably use some tar remover prior to claying next time. :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
If you do, make sure you wash it off, otherwise it will ruin your clay.

Clay at least once a year, and you won't need to worry about removing the amount of tar you have removed now.
That and regular waxing means the tar wont bond as well.

Maintenance makes it all the more easier.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Agree, first time I clayed mine I was amazed... Its like a rubber to tar. Lol. Do it right first time, then all you have to do is keep on top of it :). Its easier next time round, ;)

DC5RS

DC5
Still got black dots though after claying the whole car, am I doing something wrong?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Keep going over them buddy, make sure you have lubricated the surface first. so clean the car, then I use a spray bottle with a bit of car shampoo mixed with water. Spray liberally, and keep turning the clay bar and just rub away. :) Make sure you dont drop the clay, if you do...BIN IT!!! It's pretty time consuming, but well worth it. Should be as smooth as glass afterwards. Hope this helps

Cam

Advanced Member
I know nobody can see it, but I also know in my head that it's dirty. 8-[

This is probably a mixture of petrol and dirt. It wouldn't come off with regular washing so I started claying away...

Before:

After:

Every little helps. ;)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Cam said:
I know nobody can see it, but I also know in my head that it's dirty. 8-[

This is probably a mixture of petrol and dirt. It wouldn't come off with regular washing so I started claying away...

Before:

After:

Every little helps. ;)
That's a lovely clean orifice xthumbsup :xhappy:

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
If anyone is struggling with black spots, I would try using Auto Glym's intense tar remover... I Clayed for 3 hours using Meguires stuff as lube, still couldn't get rid of them. Bought said autoglym stuff, put some on a microfibre cloth, rubbed a little and got rid of every single bit of tar from the full car :)