no luck finding a decent quote :(

jammy84

Advanced Member
cant seem to find a cheap quote anywhere
im 25, 4 years no claims (protected), standard dc5 2001, no conv. no crashes. 5000 miles a year, Toad CAT 1 alarm.

cheapest quote i had is £820, ive tried em all, guess ill have to go with this. any other insurance companies not mentioned often here??

nefor

Advanced Member
That is a pretty decent price mate. The DC5 is a Group 20 car and you're 25, you can't expect miracles!

jammy84

Advanced Member
o ryte, am just new to the car just bought it a couple of weeks ago you see, but didnt expect it to be that high.

nefor

Advanced Member
Fair enough, my first quote at 23 with 6 years no claims was around 1100 which I was fairly pleased with, when I renewed @ 24 it was around 900.

Insurance is so personal though, I didn't have a performance car history which hurt my original quote a little.

alfa27

Advanced Member
jammy84 said:
o ryte, am just new to the car just bought it a couple of weeks ago you see, but didnt expect it to be that high.
should of got a quote before u bought it :-"

hussain124

Advanced Member
cheapest quote i had is £820, ive tried em all, guess ill have to go with this. any other insurance companies not mentioned often here??[/quote]

cant believe you are moaning lol. that's a decent quote

j88 aaf

Advanced Member
i've got exactly the same details as you apart from i'm 21 and mine is £836.36 this year. but i live in a good postcode area.

FL45H

im on the hunt, last year paid £300 with elephant, renewal was like amost £500. (both no-mods)

Best ive found so far is £561 Mods declared. (SKY)

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Re: Insurance problems. Help appreciated.

Ive currently got a uk dc2 and the insurance runs out on 07022010.
The policy doesnt cover Japanese imports.
Im taking delivery of a dc5 about the third week in Feb and Im after a policy that will not only cover my dc2 but also the dc5, when I get it. Its at present on a ship heading for Newcastle.

When the dc5 gets a registration mark I want to be able to knock the dc2 off and substitute it for the dc5 and presumably pay whatever increase there may be.

Im being told by my broker that its going to be a problem getting the right insurance to fit my needs. Ive explained that I dont want to renew my insurance for the dc2 only to have to cancel it when the dc5 is ready for the road, then being faced with taking a new policy out. As Im going to have to pay a cancellation/admin charge.

I know everything about the dc5, except the registration mark and not having it seems to be creating problems.

Has anyone had similar problems. If so your advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards.

Future

Advanced Member
jammy84 said:
cant seem to find a cheap quote anywhere
im 25, 4 years no claims (protected), standard dc5 2001, no conv. no crashes. 5000 miles a year, Toad CAT 1 alarm.

cheapest quote i had is £820, ive tried em all, guess ill have to go with this. any other insurance companies not mentioned often here??

I was 25 when i first insured my DC5 and it cost me £620 with direct line with 7 years ncb's no crashes etc etc. Give them a try mate, although my car is parked on a RAF camp so that will probably make a huge difference.

Chris

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Re: Insurance problems. Help appreciated.

Hi.

Just finished speaking to lady at Sky who explained how they could help with this problem.
Ive got my DC2 insured on a policy that caters also for the DC5.

It seems that a telephone call to Sky on the day I get the DC5 will suffice and the premium adjustment
will be taken then.

Im 66yrs of age with no claims so Ive got a price which to me seems very reasonable.

Well satisfied with the service Ive received. Thanks to Sky and ten out of ten to the forum, being able
to get a request for help on there has worked for me. Thanks and regards.

Granty1056 said:
Ive currently got a uk dc2 and the insurance runs out on 07022010.
The policy doesnt cover Japanese imports.
Im taking delivery of a dc5 about the third week in Feb and Im after a policy that will not only cover my dc2 but also the dc5, when I get it. Its at present on a ship heading for Newcastle.

When the dc5 gets a registration mark I want to be able to knock the dc2 off and substitute it for the dc5 and presumably pay whatever increase there may be.

Im being told by my broker that its going to be a problem getting the right insurance to fit my needs. Ive explained that I dont want to renew my insurance for the dc2 only to have to cancel it when the dc5 is ready for the road, then being faced with taking a new policy out. As Im going to have to pay a cancellation/admin charge.

I know everything about the dc5, except the registration mark and not having it seems to be creating problems.

Has anyone had similar problems. If so your advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards.