No thread left on track rods

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Ive just recently lowered my car on meister R suspension and ive gone to have the tracking done till i get the rear camber arms to have a FRSU done

The track rod ends have reached their limit and theres no thread left on the tie rods to adjust the toe outwards. Has anybody come across this before?

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Yep, I have recently had to do that with mine when I went to get the tracking done after installing the BC Racing coilovers.

What we had to do was recenter the thread on both sides so that both have equal thread. (this means your steering wheel will not be properly straight) and the steering wheel will need to be realigned (disconnect battery and remove airbag to realign)

martinj46

Advanced Member
Have you got a tegiwa steering rack raiser on the car? I had to take mine off when I fitted my meister coilovers recently as the position of the bracket where the track rod end bolts to the coilover is modified already (making the rack raiser redundant).

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Im not even sure by doing that it will make much difference on mine as both sides are pretty much maxed out and its toe-ing in quite a bit

leejw87

Spoon Whore
martinj46 said:
Have you got a tegiwa steering rack raiser on the car? I had to take mine off when I fitted my meister coilovers recently as the position of the bracket where the track rod end bolts to the coilover is modified already (making the rack raiser redundant).
no haven't got a rack raiser mate

Dan34

Advanced Member
hondazzz said:
I think you got it the other way around mate..the tie rod ends are short not long in his case..
But to get more toe out you wind the track rods inwards as they are positioned at the back of the coilover. Well I'm pretty sure thats the problem I had on mine, I cut down some track rod ends and all has been fine since.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you can get longer steering rack arms, but im suprised you would need them,

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
also, am i right in thinking you need civic rod ends with the meisters? maybe they are slightly different in length to the dc5 ones

mike.williams

Advanced Member
You need shorter rods mate. Cut them like dan said or j's racing sell shorter ones

To toe it out more means to bring the track rod ends in towards center of the car for peoples information

If the rods are too long you cant toe out enough

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Yeah the track rod ends ive got are the EP3 ones but there the same length as the originals that came off

The track rod end is wound all the way to its max so i cant get any more toe out, may have to go the same route as dan

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
this is a poor show from meister, have i read this right?, to fit their DC5 suspension on a DC5 you have to fit EP3 track rod ends and cut your track rods shorter.. i would guess it's not DC5 suspension at all then lol

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
this is a poor show from meister, have i read this right?, to fit their DC5 suspension on a DC5 you have to fit EP3 track rod ends and cut your track rods shorter.. i would guess it's not DC5 suspension at all then lol
You'd still have to cut dc5 ones with any coilovers that use those. It's fault of the design of our cars, not Miester R's

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
You'd still have to cut dc5 ones with any coilovers that use those. It's fault of the design of our cars, not Miester R's
how can it be a design fault of the car when you have to change the track rod ends to make their suspension fit? ive had coilovers on lots of cars and never had problems like that before,

Justintian

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
I guess this is a question of chicken or egg first?

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Dan34 said:
But to get more toe out you wind the track rods inwards as they are positioned at the back of the coilover. Well I'm pretty sure thats the problem I had on mine, I cut down some track rod ends and all has been fine since.
I guess you are right !! My fault!! I just had the opposite problem with my buddyclub n+ .

Dan34

Advanced Member
leejw87 said:
How much camber you running on the front dan?
Around -1. I reckon if I used camber bolts I could get more due to the 'pivot point' for the camber adjustment being in a different place as opposed to using the top mounts. However I could be massively wrong and I don't want to pay for another alignment to find out haha.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Dan34 said:
Around -1. I reckon if I used camber bolts I could get more due to the 'pivot point' for the camber adjustment being in a different place as opposed to using the top mounts. However I could be massively wrong and I don't want to pay for another alignment to find out haha.
I am on -1 one on fronts as well :)