Noel Dazely - No longer insuring the DC5???

Just rang Noel Dazely for a quote for my DC5 im picking up this week & the guy said that the insurers have put a stop on insuring the DC5. Im 26 with 7yrs NCB & no points so dont think it's just for my quote. So looks like im going to be another A-plan customer, £705 with £350 excess.

redcap

Advanced Member
Seems odd! they were very competative on price and cover too. May be too many claims?

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Starnge, theyve been real good for a few people on here. Surprised theyd stop considering the amount of business they could get.

Ah well more for aplan/sky!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I do hope not, although I guess I just got in under the barrier last month if it's true. :?

Shame, they were over £100 cheaper than my A-Plan renewal quote! :D

I phoned on friday and left all my details & that bloke said he should be able to help, give him an hour to ring round and he'd call me back. I never got a call back so i rang back today and thats what they said 'the insurers have put a stop on the DC5' He didnt give a reason.

Archie

Advanced Member
They quoted me last week £710 so i went back to Aplan as they wanted £860 ??

Hope A plan match it !!!

V strange

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
I would be surprised if they didn't Archie, they've just slashed my renewal by £100 after I came back with a (slightly embellished) better offer from elsewhere.

I'm now down to £550 comp, £250 excess for a 26yr old, 7yrs NCB, mods declared.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Called them today, they are not insuring the DC5's at the moment as there market insurer pulled out. They are on the look out for a new one but this will take time so i was told.

Looks like its a two horse race between Sky and A plan.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
My insurer have just stopped covering JDM cars also.

The gent I spoke to was almost as surprised as me tbh.

hussain124

Advanced Member
i am driving a diesel at the moment and the only reason i got insured with NOEL DAZLEY because i will be buying dc5 in 2 months time. they would still have notes on the account regarding me buying dc5 in future becasue that was the only reason for getting insured with them so they better insure me :cry: is any one else in same situation as me?

hussain124

Advanced Member
i am really pissed off i cant buy a dc5 any more infact any import, the whole purpose of getting insured with noel dazley was to get a dc5 , i even paid £200 more for a diesel just for the sake of dc5 ! i rang them and they said they cant do any thing! and if i cancel my policy i would loose out money! and i only started my policy last month. please some one tell me what to do, end of the day its not my fault . its a good job i havent ordered the car yet from andy!

Looks like your best bet is going to be Aplan or Sky. I had to cancel my insurance with Admiral as they do not insure the DC5 either. As i cancelled my insurance because the wouldnt cover me for my new car they didnt charge me a penny for cancelling my policy and refunded me part of my monthly direct debit.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Yes this is true. They are a broker and they use Ensign to cover imports. Ensign have pulled out, therefore they "do not insure imports" now.

A-plan also use Ensign, but Ensign are still with A-Plan, i have been with aplan for 2 years now, they might be slightly dear but the customer service is so much better, noel dazley were crap.

Quote from ND

"Ensign have pulled out with us so we nolonger insure imports, they said they were paying out too much"

:?

AdrianK

Advanced Member
LOL this is sure to be because noel dazely were basically costing ensig money....

I got my renewal back from a-plan, was quite hefty so i rang up adrian flux and they knocked over £400 off straight away lol. Then i rang noel dazely, who beat Adrian flux by another £300!

Went back to a-plan, and after some haggling they matced the terms and price of noel dazely saving me over £700 for the exact same insurance.

Basically ensign lost money, as i played there different brokers against each other to get their price down, by only having 1 broker you cant do that anymore. Without noel dazely i wouldnt of got the extra £300 off, costing ensign £300 as i was going to be paying them the money whichever broker i went with!

Hope that makes sense!

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Adrian,

A little wierd that despite also being with A-plan, my policy isn't through Ensign - can only assume it's either down to driving history or perceived risk.

Jayk

Advanced Member
I did the same thing as you Adrian.

But it seems its the broker margin that can only be reduced and not what ensign are charging for the policy.

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Im with ensign through Sky too!

hope they continue to insure it, and will honour the remaining term!