Noise from the bay

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Goodday people,

I was wondering if u guys could help me with suggestions of noise coming from my engine bay.

1) if i press the gaspedal in i hear a zooming noise from the engine bay together with he engine reving, it's like the zoom u hear when u havent isolated ur wiring when u use an amplifier, i guess u guys know what i mean.

2) My car is also very sensitive in on the gaspedal, sometimes it's shaking when i'm on low rpm's, maybe it doesnt like low rpms??? :)

can anyone give me some hints??
thks

omadc5

Advanced Member
ive noticed that noise aswell, just between 1500-2000rpm it makes a low screech, i think its usually after i floor the car for a bit. Then it just goes away some times, strange :? hope someone can relate to this and know what it is

donkeykong

Advanced Member
no this sounds is not a screek, and it's there when u press the gaspedal, it''s like a tone going up and down together with the engine revs.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
hahah ok dude,

pls people, is this normal with dc5 or does this mean something has to be changed??
let us know if people have the same thing.

thks in advance

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Hi mate,

I am going to stick my head in the engine bay, to listen for you :) .

About the sensitivity on the gas pedal. The DC5 isn't that keen on very low RPM's.
I have the same thing with the ATR. If you go to low on the revs (in a traffic jam) and after that press the gaspedal,
the car becomes a bit shaky :-s.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Ahh ok i guess it´s normal then.

You can just sit in your car and rev a little and u hear a tone going together with your engine (the sewing machine :)

ITR_Fun

donkeykong said:
Ahh ok i guess it´s normal then.

You can just sit in your car and rev a little and u hear a tone going together with your engine (the sewing machine :)
I have the same noise, I notice it when I'm pulling into my drive sometimes - only at low revs, it sounds like it's coming from the drivers side.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Ok guys, cause we all 4 replied and have the same noise i think it´s normal then :)
somebody who doesnt? reply here

timp

Advanced Member
They don't like idle too much especially after a quick blat at WOT but this is normally worse with a tuned car. You didn't what type of mods you had if any but the sound you are talking about is not anything i ever remember hearing.

Maybe ask someone to rev the car a little whilst you try to locate the area the noise is coming from? :?:

leejw87

Spoon Whore
i had something similar to that on mine i thought it was electrical interference coming from the alternator but after looking in to it abit more just turned out to be a slightly worn tensioner roller, i replaced it and fitted a new auxiliary belt from Honda and the noise has not came back since :)

donkeykong

Advanced Member
wow old thread :)
no more zooming noise, dunno why...
stuttering was due to the clutch, was worn...new clutch no problems!