Noise Testing for Newbies

Hughdc5

Hey all,

I want to do a track day or 2 next year and have never done one before. Im well over an hour from a track so dont want to fail noise test when i have already paid for a trackday.
How do you do the static noise test on a dc5 I have the standard limiter which is around 5k if I remember correctly and when looking at the information it reads the car needs to be at 3/4 of maximum revs? How do you get around this if I needed to?
Any help appreciated! Pfa

Attachments

import gav

You can't really do much about the rev limiter as far as I'm aware, they normally tell you to rev it at x revs then disappear to the back to test it so never actually look at the revs-well not on the 4 days I've done.

What exhaust and induction set up do you have? Worth doing a search on here as it would have been brought up before

carl hammond

Advanced Member
They know you can get passed the rev limiter at tracks and will ask you to rev it properly (brands have done this for a while now)

Depending on your setup you will be fine, I have done posts on this in the past if you search you'll find loads about it, you can get around the limiter for a proper test.

One other thing to get is that it's mainly drive by induction noise you will suffer from than exhaust tone, so static 90% of the time will be fine (never had an issue when I had my car with various setups, best imo was DC Sport Race Header (built in decat), Catback RM01A and a long arm AEM Induction