Noise when Reversing or pulling off in 1st Gear

Adz

Advanced Member
Ever since I've had my DC5 there has allways been a strange high pitch noise.. kind of a whirring noise when the clutch is engaging. Seems to go away when the car is warm. Honda noticed it when I first had it.. said it was odd but did'nt think it was detrimental. Was wondering if I am alone on this one?

Del-R

probably nothing to do with it, but I had a similar symptom on a car I used to own (not a ITR) and it was the release bearing (if that's what its called)

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
I agree with Del - Clutch release bearing, causes a high pitched judder effect (also notorious on pre MY01 Subarus)

Adz

Advanced Member
This sounds like a bad thing!.. :( There was mention by honda of the ITR possibly having a self lubricating clutch bearing system?..
which is why it make a funny noise when cold?.. it was just a theory though.. :?

Adz

Advanced Member
Just updating...

Car still makes the noise and nothing bad has happened yet so all is good.. must just be one of those things :)

rossi

I have exact same problem but it is noticeable in 2nd/3rd also
changed thrust bearing and clutch plate but still there
is your car still making noise
mine has 24k on a y plate
thinking of changing box

Adz

Advanced Member
You know wot.. Id forgotten all bout that noise!.. either ive gotten so used to it that I juist dont hear it anymore?.. or its gone! :D

I think it's gone.. 8)