NOLOGY HOTWIRES

monz

Advanced Member
Does anyone know what the difference is between the us & jap version nology hotwires for the dc5?.. Also how can you tell the difference between the two?
... :roll:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
OK my pm's arn't working
basic difference is mounting position

Jap goes on bulkhead so has shorter wires and allows gruppe m etc to be used

Us mounts next to battery on gearbox so is only suitable for cars with aem's etc.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
How would these possibly help?? Surely adding a cable between the coilpack and plugs is going to be worse than having no cable??

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
It helps by moving the coilpack from inside the head to a cooler location, i have been using them for ages with no lost power but no obvious gain, but as they say every little helps.

keevster

Advanced Member
Sorry for the ignorance guys, but someone educate me here.

WTF is this and why :lol:

Paul :wink:

timp

Advanced Member
Had hotwires on my CRX, felt no difference (didn't really expect to i just needed new leads)

every little helps? i guess so but i still don't buy the cheap Tesco beans

timp

Advanced Member
They say.......

Nology HotWires are the most technologically advanced ignition wires available. HotWires create the most powerful spark possible. HotWires are engineered with a special built-in capacitor, exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful. The result is faster, more complete combustion, and most importantly,
MORE HORSEPOWER that's 100%. Smog Legal

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
For me the most important thing was to get the coilpacks out from inside the cylinder head. Nothing likes heat.

I have a different kit to those pictured tho.

TGM have had 2 coilpacks fail on the race cars, on one occasion it cost the win.

timp

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
For me the most important thing was to get the coilpacks out from inside the cylinder head. Nothing likes heat.

I have a different kit to those pictured tho.

TGM have had 2 coilpacks fail on the race cars, on one occasion it cost the win.
Surely snakes like heat mate?

Do you notice any difference, or not really and its more peice of mind?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Just seemed a stupid place to put them , don't think they made any power but i didn't lose any so why not for a bit of safety