Non abs prop valve

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Running a 40/40 non abs valve from a ek civic on my dc5 but the brakes ain't very strong up front. They weren't great even with the abs and it's running dixcel pads and unknown discs. Question is is there a non abs valve better suited to my car than what I have or is this one maybe nackered? Could I use the Oem one if I blocked of the abs holes? My last one I had fitted on my dc2 race car was a fantastic job any info is much appreciated

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
why on earth would you remove the ABS ? if its an out and out race car and has a proper pedal box and bias valve then maybe, but every other situation the abs works very well, we keep it on all the race cars , its not at all obtrusive

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Had it out on my old dc2 race car and loved the feel it gave. This car will see around 1k miles a year if that at the rate I drive it. Had the non abs unit here so thought I'd try it any feedback on my question at all

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
not really,

i have removed a few abs units but its been race cars with pedal boxes .

personally i wouldnt run anything from a EK brake system on a dc5, the requirements for the calipers are totally different, so im not suprised it doesnt work well

i raced my own dc5 and built several others with the std calipers and abs systems in place, and with the right pads and discs they have no problem stopping , the brake bias will want to be very heavy on the front , think 70-30 or 80-20 even we used to do a 24 hr race with a str rear setup just a pad upgrade and they would still be going strong at the end.