Norfolk Newbie with some questions

ookami_teg

Hey everyone,

Introduced myself a couple of months ago and since then have read a load of information on here and test drove a couple of DC5s but decided to go for broke and put a deposit on a fresh import with Torque GT yesterday. All being well I should be wrapped up in a Recaro in May :) A bit apprehensive as I've owned an import previously (Eunos Roadster R-Ltd) but this is the first time I've bought an import car I havent seen in the flesh!

First job will be a full service, mostly for piece of mind and my main question is where is the best place to pick up all of the service parts? The list of bits I want to do for a start is:-

Engine, gearbox, clutch, coolant and brake oil/fluid change and install some Spoon magnetic drain bolts.
Oil, air, fuel and pollen filters.
Sparkplugs and thermostat.
HEL braided brake lines.

From what I've been reading in the forums I'll be picking up a 'shortie' HAMP oil filter, NGK spark plugs and possibly a Spoon air filter, but I'm interested to know whether it's worth the extra £40-50 over the Honda OEM filter? I'm not entirely sure what brand of oils to go for, I use Castrol in my current car (Focus) but I'd be grateful if someone could tell me if there's a prefered/recommended brand? Motul and Millers seem to be popular choices.

Next job after that will be tyres, need to do some more reading on the forum as to what to go for as this will be my daily and some lightweight wheels (planning on selling a kidney for some Bronze TE37's...). Long term I'll look at upgrading bushes, engine mounts, dampers, springs, intake and exhaust but other than that I personally love the look of the standard car so it'll just be small detail parts after that. I'll also be getting a seperate set of wheels/tyres for track days at some point as well as I'm only a few miles from Snetterton.

I'll keep an eye out for any local Norfolk meets (I'm in Thetford) and looking forward to meeting up with some people over the summer at shows and track days etc.

Cheers
Dale

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Welcome good choice going to torque gt, as for oil that's down to your own choice I use castrol 10/60 as for air filters it down to you am running a do~luck spoon are good but over priced you can use itg filters just as good & half the price plus you can wash them just like the spoon ones.

samwelltrademarked

Advanced Member
Welcome mate... I'm from Norwich/yarmouth area... Oil wise I use Fuchs titan pro. . Opie oils on here has a forum discount from what I remember and do services packs with everything you'll require... As far as air filter.... You thought about standard filter with the hondata mod? Worth looking into...

Lukemitchell

Will keep an eye out for you on the road mate. Me and a friend both have c/w tegs just down the road in attleborough

Pawzo

Welcome along, will keep an eye out for you too as I'm only down the road in Diss

ookami_teg

Thanks for the advice everyone and I'll keep an eye for you local guys.

This is her, satin silver with a black interior. Was originally looking for arctic blue but I fell in love with this the second I saw it. Would have preferred it with silver OEM alloys but thats easily rectifiable and I'll eventually be getting something Rays-ish :) (But if anyones looking to shift a set of silver OEM alloys let me know as it'll be a while before I can get what I want). Depending on condition I'll either swap/sell the white set it's on or keep them as a track set.

I've been dealing with Darren at Torque GT and he's been really helpful and very quick to respond to e-mails so really pleased with the service so far. Just got to wait a few weeks now :(

ookami_teg

Hello again,

All being well I should be picking her up from Torque GT in 24 Hours time. I'm off to Le Mans on Thursday night but I'll try and upload a few images tomorrow night fromn the journey back :D

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Hey mate,
Thought I'd add this pic to your build thread from when I was up at Torque last week a few days before you collected yours:

ookami_teg

That's awesome cheers mate :)

Had her for a week now. Been good so far just a few issues to get on top of. How you getting on with yours?

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Yea, brilliant mate!
Mechanically, she's perfect, no issues there.
Just had cosmetic issues to deal with such as a proper deep clean inside, a light brembo refurb and a proper good few hours on the paintwork/wheels.

How's yours?