Normal temperature range?

Lex259

I‘m a noob here so apologies if this is a stupid question, but what is the regular temperature range for the DC5 (standard engine)? My gauge looked a little low after a couple of hours on the motorway today...thanks!

[edit: I‘ve tried uploading a picture of my gauge but it doesn‘t work - the needle is about 1/3 of the way up!]

Mark_teg

Staff member
It should be around half way when up to temp. If the gauge drops at motorway speeds you may have a sticky thermostat.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Mine sits between 85/88 degrees once warmed up. If it is hot and sitting in traffic it does reach 95 degrees and at that point the fans kick in and lower it back to around 85 degrees.

85 is about half way on the gauge.

Cennix1

I found it sat steady around 4/10 or so of the way up, that barely changed whether it was town driving, motorway driving, or even if I was giving it some on B roads.

spooke

Advanced Member
Just under halfway is the norm, mine sits around 75-80 deg with an alloy radiator - temp taken from the upper hose. Doesn't seem to get hot enough to kick the fan in even when giving it some 'tec :xtsk: that's with Motul Inguel orange coolant.