North Weald activity Day 11th June

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've been asked by the Roadster.net forum to put a link for their North Weald activity day if any of you are interested. It's the 11th June and costs only £47.50 for the day :) . Obviously the majority of cars are going to be Smart Roadsters but the laps are timed and the speed recorded on the high speed bend, so it has a competetive edge to it. They need an extra 6 cars to make the numbers up and a £20 deposit paid before Saturday, so they're desperate and opened it up to all other makes & models.

http://www.roadstermodelguide.co.uk/Ian/TRn_Activity_Day.html
http://www.theroadster.net/trc/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16365&start=0

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes i'm going and have already paid a deposit :) . Will be a fun day and you don't even need to wear a helmet for this.

I'm taking my Roadster, but if there are other makes & models going then i'll be bringing the Evo along instead :D

Hancock

Advanced Member
think i might book this, at £47 its a bargain! I will have me ohlins fitted so it will be good place to test them out aswell :D

Bring the evo you know it makes sense!

Don't you think its about time you changed your avator :)

celox performance

Advanced Member
If I change it to a pic of the Evo then I might get thrown off this forum :lol:

If you're bringing the Teg then i'll take the Evo. It was just if it was all Roadsters then it would have been out of place.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Really looking forward to this now since it's only next week :)

The car's all ready to go, not that I expect this to be too harsh on the car and in fact they've advised me that it's really easy on brakes, which is a bonus :) .

I'll be travelling up on the Thursday night with the wife and staying over in a local(ish) hotel so i'll see you both early on the Friday morning. On the high speed bend the record stands at 105mph for a pro driver. I believe when the Lotus's went last, the best speed was around 80mph, so i'll be happy with anything over 80mph :D

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I'm looking forward to this too, just hope the weather is ok.
Is there anything special I need to do to the car before hand?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I haven't been on this track before, but i've been told that it's not hard on brakes, so even if you have standard discs/pads they should be fine as it's only for 1 lap. On the high speed bend you won't be using your brakes at all....

If it was me i'd definately just check your brake pads to make sure you have enough pad left. I'd also do an oil/filter change and make sure the oil's topped up 1-2mm above the maximum mark on the dipstick. Even if you don't have time to do the oil and filter change then you must top top your oil up 1-2mm above the maximum mark, which is really important.

celox performance

Advanced Member
1 place has just become available if anyone is interested due to someone pulling out at the last minute. Up to now there are 2 DC5's going to this if anyone else wants to join in the fun :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Had a really fun day but the tyres paid the price!! :D

Deffinitely wanting to consider some more useful mods, such as KPro, uprated pads/discs and more track orientated tyres.

celox performance

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Had a really fun day but the tyres paid the price!! :D

Deffinitely wanting to consider some more useful mods, such as KPro, uprated pads/discs and more track orientated tyres.
It was nice to meet you mate :)

Yes those mods would be a good choice and the KPRO would have really helped a lot with the power out of those tight bends with the VTEC coming in a lot earlier. Most of the time I couldn't get the turbo coming in at all round the cones, mainly due to the size of the turbo - it doesn't fully kick in until 4500rpm :roll:

A few of us from this forum are hopefully going to Rockingham around October/November with Hondas on Track. If you could make it to that then it would it be good to see you there :)

Hancock

Advanced Member
Had a great day, well worth £47. Loved the two circuits they set up for the afternoon just a bit too bumpy managed to knock all the geometry out as well #-o .

I've got a vid of you celox on the mini circuit if you want it?

Let us know if you are doing rockingham i might be up for this. Also seen cadwell on HOT forum in the non hot events, october 11th for £119

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes i'm defo up for Rockingham with HOT providing that i'm allowed on with the Evo again

I'm not sure what date it is yet or when they're taking bookings.....