North West

ra28gt

First post, currently just bought a dc5 for track use have done one track day on the car and it performed real well, Am looking to gain more power out of the engine any mod options and what would be good coilovers for track use thanks

Midnight

Advanced Member
What tracks do you like?

General rule of thumb for performance:

Catback exhaust
Manifold (DC Sports/ Tegiwa)
Intake manifold (RBC/RRC/Skunk2)
Induction (Mugen/Gruppe M/ Tegiwa)
Kpro/K100 ECU

Regarding suspension, I did a review not so long ago in the suspension part of the forum. We're really impressed with Area Motorsport track spec coilovers. Cheaper options about and more expensive options. 'Bang for buck' we are very happy with ours.

Welcome to the forum!

ra28gt

Only managed to track it at oulton park local to me, I have a mugan exhaust cat back system currently by changing the manifold and cat will the car not be to loud on the dba?

Midnight

Advanced Member
We had a kakimoto and DC sports manifold at Oulton and passed the sound check with ease.

Mugen, also not a loud exhaust would be fine with an exhaust manifold also.

For sure it makes the car a bit louder but gains are worth it.

The weight saving alone from OEM to aftermarket is sizeable let alone it freeing the air gasses.

ra28gt

Thanks for that will buy one in that case, am looking to buy the rbc manifold will I get much gains with a 70mm tb as there not that cheap

Midnight

Advanced Member
You 'should' see a very small gain 1-4bhp with the larger TB. In truth we've not ran into any problems or restrictions running the OEM TB and we have the Gruppe M intakes with RBC intake manifold.

We opt against spending £££ for a very small gain, also after reading up 'some' people have had issues with idling etc.

I'd spend the money on a decent intake or look to upgrade other area of the car, suspension/brakes/tyres etc.

ra28gt

Midnight said:
You 'should' see a very small gain 1-4bhp with the larger TB. In truth we've not ran into any problems or restrictions running the OEM TB and we have the Gruppe M intakes with RBC intake manifold.

We opt against spending £££ for a very small gain, also after reading up 'some' people have had issues with idling etc.

I'd spend the money on a decent intake or look to upgrade other area of the car, suspension/brakes/tyres etc.
I have the tegiwa red intake with the a cone filter on mine

Midnight

Advanced Member
Then RBC & exhaust manifold will be your next performance modifications. Don't forget you will need it mapped though!

We only changed cat back and the AFR would have melted the engine if used on track so although people say you'll be fine. I'd certainly suggest getting a K100/Kpro and mapped.

EFI wouldn't be far from you either. Neither would Area Motorsport or even 'TDI North'.

ra28gt

Midnight said:
Then RBC & exhaust manifold will be your next performance modifications. Don't forget you will need it mapped though!

We only changed cat back and the AFR would have melted the engine if used on track so although people say you'll be fine. I'd certainly suggest getting a K100/Kpro and mapped.

EFI wouldn't be far from you either. Neither would Area Motorsport or even 'TDI North'.
Thanks for all the info Midnight, it will be getting a map K100 most likely at TDI north, i have a real bad knock noise from engine bay coming from the offside all my suspension looks fine could it be a mount?

Midnight

Advanced Member
Knock? Is this on any particular movement? Turning left right etc?

Could be so many things, describe a little more in detail and I'm sure someone can help 👍🏼

ra28gt

on the straight every time i change gear aggresively there is a real loud knock noise from the engine bay drivers side

SamDC5

Advanced Member
ra28gt said:
on the straight every time i change gear aggresively there is a real loud knock noise from the engine bay drivers side
Usually engine mount has gone, pretty easy to see if it's done it's day. If it is that it's very easy to change.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk