Not happy :(

firthy22

Advanced Member
Well for those that read about my accident and car being wrote off will know I was not very happy with the situation.

Further to this I received a called from Churchill yesterday informing me that the £8,995 payout for my car would be paid into my account that day. They asked me if I wanted to buy the car back, I replied "Not for £6.5k I don't" and their reply was "It's nothing like that, it's 28% of the value so would be £2.5k"

Unfortunately, it's too late now. I have changed numbers, informed local authorities that the car was written off and stripped and sold what i could from it plus the car has gone off the island. Just too much hassle now, after buying a replacement.

I will however, be sending Churchill a very strong worded letter asking for an explanation of the £4k difference in buy back values. I queried the original price several times and even the bodyshop queried it with the manager of the engineer and we got nowhere.

Definitely won't be using Churchill again and will be changing wifes insurance as well. Something underhand has definitely gone on and I'm not a vindictive person but hope that someone get's it in the neck for such incompetence.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
i really do feel for you Kev, that really is shocking to hear that Churchill can mess up the buyback value and you get screwed over.

i know its hassle but i would be seeing compensation or demanding that you buy it back for 2.5k and they pay all the extra costs to get the car back to you.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I am very sad to hear this news yet again insurance companies are trying to make fools out of customers I cant stand it. Genuine people such as yourself should be treated with respect no ripped off. Sad news..

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
PORTHOS said:
That's absolutely disgusting.

I would be getting in touch with these guys: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Get the damn car back!
I wouldn't bother getting the car back, most say it will never be the same again. Mate of mine got his BMW repaired after a knock to the front left. It was in the body shop for a month. After that he drove it for two months then sold it at a massive loss saying it was not the same as it was before.

Brophy

Advanced Member
That's shocking mate, absolutely disgusting how been treated I can only imagine what felt like when said it was only 2.5k instead of the 6.5k ! :eek::(

Mark_teg

Staff member
As above, dont worry about it. It's a pain they messed you about, but its gone now, water under the bridge and all that :)

Look on the bright side, you had a good payout for it.

I wish you bought another Teg though..