Not long now

Mebz

Advanced Member
Noticed on the Import car dealers section 200bhp cars is no longer there, is there any reason for this?

I'm turning 25 in March and am planning on getting one, possibly a fresh import. I have even started using Forza Motorsport on the XBox 360 to compare the DC5 to the EP3, DC2, Silvia Spec R etc etc. Sad I know but I want to make the right decision, the fact they are uncommon and very difficult to find one in my local area to have a look around.

Also can anyone give any ballpark figures on service costs on the DC5 i.e oils (engine, gearbox, lsd etc) filters, plugs etc. Maybe a bit cheeky of me but Unit 8 are local to me (2 miles) and after reading reviews . . . . . . . over to you Stevie/Mark.

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
My service costs at TGM have been between £150 to £250 a year tbh, very good pricing for servicing

And i do have a DC5, not a CTR as my name may suggest lol

typeR_08

I'm in the same position. Trying to find a facelift is proving very difficult indeed.

It might be the way the market is right now, most companies aren't making enough profit to bothering importing. Or so i'm told.

Do the tail lights on the pre-facelift fit the facelift model?

Thinking in just getting a pre-facelift and making it look like a facelift. As there ain't much difference. Suspension, lights,front grille.

Is that true?

hondafreek

Advanced Member
Looks as though 200bhp Cars are still traders, just having a problem with their account. I'm sure it'll be sorted soon. I haven't dealt with him, but the lad who runs it has a very good rep. If I was importing I wouldn't use anyone else.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Andy from 200bhp is a top man, having got my Facelift from him. But he's sometimes hard to get hold of - Best way to contact him is to phone him/leave a voice message etc.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
hondafreek said:
Looks as though 200bhp Cars are still traders, just having a problem with their account. I'm sure it'll be sorted soon. I haven't dealt with him, but the lad who runs it has a very good rep. If I was importing I wouldn't use anyone else.
:xyes:

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
typeR_08 said:
I'm in the same position. Trying to find a facelift is proving very difficult indeed.

It might be the way the market is right now, most companies aren't making enough profit to bothering importing. Or so i'm told.

Do the tail lights on the pre-facelift fit the facelift model?

Thinking in just getting a pre-facelift and making it look like a facelift. As there ain't much difference. Suspension, lights,front grille.

Is that true?
Rear lights are different as are the front and rear bumpers,headlights,front grille,suspension(but changing that wont make any difference)HTH David :wink:

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Yeah phone Andy at 200bhp, i emailed him a few times and assumed he wasn't interested but he is just a really busy bloke!

I was going to import one from him until i found one for sale locally, from everything that's been said about him and then from actually speaking to him i wouldn't want to import using anyone else

Mebz

Advanced Member
sovietspybob said:
Yeah phone Andy at 200bhp, i emailed him a few times and assumed he wasn't interested but he is just a really busy bloke!

I was going to import one from him until i found one for sale locally, from everything that's been said about him and then from actually speaking to him i wouldn't want to import using anyone else
Torque GT?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Mebz said:
sovietspybob said:

Torque GT?
I know Andy and his Missus Danielle personally and would without doubt get my next car from him..he can be a bit difficult to catch but pm him or leave a message on his phone and I`m sure he`ll get you what you`re after..good hunting 8)

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Hey Everyone,

Not sure why we are no longer listed on the traders list - i will PM admin and see what the problem is, its possibly because our banner advert is due for renewal but i will check with "andre" anyhow.

As for our trading habits, yes we are still fully in business however its a difficult time at the moment with the Teg market - we simply cant import the cars we want to with the JPY being so poor and i refuse to start bringing in scruffy 2001 models like some other imports to make ends meet. That said, i really do want to become a more active on the forum and be more available on the phone to assit people in finding there dream Dc5 but our situation right now doesnt afford me a lot of time. This will change however come Feb as Danielle is then finished work in prep for the sprong coming on April 6th and can then take some of the work load off me with regards to paperwork, emails and admin which im having to struggle thru with as well as running the practical side of 200bhp and the day to day running.

Also one of the main issues we have is around 80% of people who contact us now dont have the correct budget to find the car there looking for in the right condition from Japan. This used to be around 20% but i dont think people realise how much the price of a good Dc5 has increased over the past 18months.

A good 4.5 Example on a 2004 (prefacelift Example) to our high standard with around 30,000 miles on the clock is now costing circa £13,300 paid in full. The same car in 2007 would have cost around £12,500.

So the Problem is the gulf between a freshly imported DC5 and a similar car of age and miles already in the UK can be £2000+ which prospective customers just dont realise. Back in 2007/2008 it was almost the opposite. We could import a Teg in better condiiton than any UK owned car at the same cost or less than examples were being sold here in the UK.

This doesnt mean we cant import DC5's to order anymore - far from it. ITs just that our services are now only available to a small minority of the market looking to get in to Teg ownership, those customers being the ones where the condition of the car hold more importance than the bottom line cost, which is about 20% of the market we used to have prior to the economic slump. Theres absolutely nothing we can do about this until the JPY / GBP realtionship swings back in our favour which may not happen for another 2-5 years :xlol:

AS i said in the mean time i dont want to lower my standard to importing higer mileage, lesser quality DC5 like some companies are importing - id rather not import any at all and look for other emerging markets to put my time in to.

Coming full circle though, as i said were still very willing and able to help people import their fresh Import teg from Japan if there budget meets there expectations and as of Feb i will be alot more available and will have more time to help more people. Also i just wanted to mention my appologies to anyone who has struggled to reach me recently.

Kindest Regards

Andy ;)

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi everybody.

Im in agreement with what Andy has said but its a little painful as me and the wife are waiting for a DC5 which is expected at Andys place at the end of this month, and as you can see Im going to have to pay a bit more for it than I would have done in 2007 2008.

However Ive seen the pics from Japan and the car appears to be absolutely flawless. Its blue with a black interior, its a late 2004 pre facelift, with just over 30000 miles.

It seems that if its a fresh import from Japan we want, we are all going to have to cut our cloth according to our needs, as me late mum used to say.

Oh by the way did you see that Andys wife is due to give birth to a sprong. Thats a quaint Northumbrian word. In Yorkshire we call em sprogs. Regards Allen. :xlol:

200BHPCARS said:
Hey Everyone,

Not sure why we are no longer listed on the traders list - i will PM admin and see what the problem is, its possibly because our banner advert is due for renewal but i will check with "andre" anyhow.

As for our trading habits, yes we are still fully in business however its a difficult time at the moment with the Teg market - we simply cant import the cars we want to with the JPY being so poor and i refuse to start bringing in scruffy 2001 models like some other imports to make ends meet. That said, i really do want to become a more active on the forum and be more available on the phone to assit people in finding there dream Dc5 but our situation right now doesnt afford me a lot of time. This will change however come Feb as Danielle is then finished work in prep for the sprong coming on April 6th and can then take some of the work load off me with regards to paperwork, emails and admin which im having to struggle thru with as well as running the practical side of 200bhp and the day to day running.

Also one of the main issues we have is around 80% of people who contact us now dont have the correct budget to find the car there looking for in the right condition from Japan. This used to be around 20% but i dont think people realise how much the price of a good Dc5 has increased over the past 18months.

A good 4.5 Example on a 2004 (prefacelift Example) to our high standard with around 30,000 miles on the clock is now costing circa £13,300 paid in full. The same car in 2007 would have cost around £12,500.

So the Problem is the gulf between a freshly imported DC5 and a similar car of age and miles already in the UK can be £2000+ which prospective customers just dont realise. Back in 2007/2008 it was almost the opposite. We could import a Teg in better condiiton than any UK owned car at the same cost or less than examples were being sold here in the UK.

This doesnt mean we cant import DC5's to order anymore - far from it. ITs just that our services are now only available to a small minority of the market looking to get in to Teg ownership, those customers being the ones where the condition of the car hold more importance than the bottom line cost, which is about 20% of the market we used to have prior to the economic slump. Theres absolutely nothing we can do about this until the JPY / GBP realtionship swings back in our favour which may not happen for another 2-5 years :xlol:

AS i said in the mean time i dont want to lower my standard to importing higer mileage, lesser quality DC5 like some companies are importing - id rather not import any at all and look for other emerging markets to put my time in to.

Coming full circle though, as i said were still very willing and able to help people import their fresh Import teg from Japan if there budget meets there expectations and as of Feb i will be alot more available and will have more time to help more people. Also i just wanted to mention my appologies to anyone who has struggled to reach me recently.

Kindest Regards

Andy ;)

Aly

Advanced Member
Just to clear somthin up, say a customer emails you and their budget doesnt meet your standard of DC5 u want to import. Do you tell them this or just ignore the email?

kingston

Advanced Member
and why is everyone mileage obsessed? and what makes a Jap car better looked after than a UK owned car?

Aly

Advanced Member
More miles more wear im guessing same with every car. and, the general idea i think is that the jap cars are looked after and arnt ragged about like the ones here?

what happens in japan stays in japan? :D