Not really a newbie, just coming back to the fold

David Fox

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Been off this site since August last year when I sold my DC5 to Foxy Red (sob) and I bought a Tax Free ST3 Focus. Love the ST (by god they are quick) but miss the VTEC howl when combined with Gruppe M induction. Looking at buying one in the near future, especially with a Mugen kit on, but we can all dream!

mikegsi

Staff member
welcome back mate, i still linger around on here even without a teg, i enjoy the crack :D

David Fox

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
welcome back mate, i still linger around on here even without a teg, i enjoy the crack :D
Its a good crack, plus the fact that the DC5 is the greatest car ever....

David Fox

Advanced Member
markGTi said:
MilanoChris said:
ST feels faster due to the torque.
Ah right, the ST was one of my options but i think i chose the right one :D :D
Tuned with the Dreamscience, the ST is pretty impressive. My only drama with the car is the fact that there are too many muppets flying round in them now (that's Ford for you!)

Sold it now anyway to my Dad as his 'runabout'. Will be scouring the For Sale section for a while now...

David Fox

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Bet you cant get one of these tax free David :!: ..Welcome back :wink:
Cheers mate, it would be good! I'd have 2 if they were tax free! But can't really argue at £12500 for a brand new ST, and just sold it for £14k, not many people can do that!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
As he's in the Forces serving in Germany, one of the many benefits is tax free cars :D

By a Discovery tax free with a bit of a discount on top and sell it a year later for a profit if you got the outlay in the first place :D

David Fox

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
As he's in the Forces serving in Germany, one of the many benefits is tax free cars :D

By a Discovery tax free with a bit of a discount on top and sell it a year later for a profit if you got the outlay in the first place :D
Exactly, It's having the money to put down upfront in the first place that's the tricky bit. Nice if you can do it. You don't benefit much on CTR/ST's etc but on the more upmarket cars you can considerably. My boss is selling his GT3 Porsche after purchasing it tax free, and he is making 8k profit! Not bad if you can do it!

It's about the only benefit the forces get!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
MilanoChris said:

Exactly, It's having the money to put down upfront in the first place that's the tricky bit. Nice if you can do it. You don't benefit much on CTR/ST's etc but on the more upmarket cars you can considerably. My boss is selling his GT3 Porsche after purchasing it tax free, and he is making 8k profit! Not bad if you can do it!

I miss being over there sometimes. You don't work near the SCP do you by any chance? Need to get through to them urgently but they are not picking up their phones!

JT3173

Advanced Member
Welcome back David, will be down in JHQ soon!

Tax free is good but you dont make money all the time, just depends on the market, I lost on my Caterham :(

But I did do a few miles :wink:

David Fox

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
David Fox said:
MilanoChris said:

I miss being over there sometimes. You don't work near the SCP do you by any chance? Need to get through to them urgently but they are not picking up their phones!
SCP? I work in Rheindahlen, in JHQ. PM me the details and see if I can help you out.

Sold the ST now, to my Dad as his 'runabout'! But not looking to get a DC5 until around Jan 09, so I can have a good look until then!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Systems Control Point. Probably full of geeks mate. not that important anyway, I've left them numerous messages so they can get in touch. If not I'll just take down their (and yours probably) link to the UK (network and phones), I'm sure it'll make them wise up :lol:

David Fox

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Systems Control Point. Probably full of geeks mate. not that important anyway, I've left them numerous messages so they can get in touch. If not I'll just take down their (and yours probably) link to the UK (network and phones), I'm sure it'll make them wise up :lol:
Is it downstairs in JHQ? I think I might know who they are. I'll just slap them about a bit mate. Give me a POC and I'll track them down.

Don't mess with the link mate, I need it to ring my lass on it! It's the only way I keep my phone bill to zero!