Nurburgring DC5 2004

ps2london

Advanced Member
We are having a DC5 Nurburgring trip at the end of the coming Aug 2005
Here is a better video of what DC5 is like at Nurburgring with the mounted camera, hope we have more people to join this year

Please don't compare this footage to M3 GTR, this driver is normal Human with limited track experience, Novice!!!

Car run at softest supension sitting with Goodyear F1 road tyres, road start dry up.

DC5 Nurburgring 1 Lap 2004

gonzo

Advanced Member
What a lap! 8)

Gutted for road works and funny to see a transip having a lap! :lol:

Porsche soon gave up and moved out the way!

T666YPR

Sounded like you enjoyed going past the Porker :lol:

Very hairy helmets you were both wearing :shock: :wink:

ps2london

Advanced Member
hahaha!! Yes becuase that was the last few coners, last lap i was doing, and head back to home!!! so relax.

Many ring drivers are wearing those hairly style helmets, some gold some brown some even without hair.... :xconfused:

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Those tyres are truely awful on track looked like it was forcing loads of understeer, and is that the softest suspension settings you can have? If not that was set up way to hard, it looked like you were thrown out of your seat at one point :p

BTW please let me know what dates you are planning on going to the Ring, Im moving down to Kent next month and will be 20 minutes from Dover so lots of trips into Europe planned. 8)

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
Another nice video from Franz. Looks like a fun track to drive on.
Those turns look like very nice, look at the soda bottle at the bottom of the screen near the shifter and look how it moves from side to side along with the passenger. hahha

Very good video, also where do you have you video camera mounted to so you inlcude yourself in the video? I still have to post my video of me racing but its hard to find time to actually make it. soon I hope. :)

jonster

Advanced Member
Nice video Franz.

Surprised you were not Dunlop D01J enabled for that visit. Hell of a difference in grip. I bet you missed them? I refuse to put my Toyos back on after trying my new Dunlops recently :)

Jon

ps2london

Advanced Member
Matt,

yes all road tyres are shit ... i tried hardest suspenion setting, the car just keep bumping very badly, so i set the car full soft all around to give myself time to recove if i made any mistake while i am learning. We haven't met again for ages since Castle combe, hope see ur action on track again soon.

f1nal zeros

TBH, i don't happy with my driving at all, the track is so difficiult, no one teach u, all learn by yourself, from the beginning footage i was not that bad, but getting more and more mistakes later, because i can't remember the track..... just too many coners. Nurburgring is a big challenge for anyone, must go one day :) We all use the sucking mount at the rear screen center, if you want view include gear stick and face, move the cam to the left, and lower the passager seat, wide angle len may need.

Jonster,

after i join MAX5 racing, no choice for tyre..... shit 30 pounds tyres for all weather, but they are fun sliding around and show all my mistakes, is good for learning. Dunlops semi slick are the best tyres i use so far, and last very long. can't wait to see u on action :)

f1nal zeros

Advanced Member
Franz, it was a new track so I can understand about the driving, but you still did a good job. you didnt end up in a wall did you? well then you did good.:)

Thanks for the advice regarding the camera mounting place. I have the video from my past track event but am taking quite a bit long to post it. I'm trying to get it to around 40-50mb so people can dl it, but this is also my first video I am trying to put together so it is taking long. I have the video down to 3gb, but thats a long dl. hahaha.
But well done franz, you have the black dc5r correct?