Nurburgring trip...

rick c

Advanced Member
... but not in a DC5 (sadly - should be arriving in September)

Still, my final lap in an RX8 was 9:09 - my best yet.

The owner managed a 9:01 lap when he went out on his own, a very capable car indeed.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Hey, i think i was out there when you were aswel. I have a video in my mates JDM EP3 and there is a red RX8 infront of him. When were you out there? We managed to get some laps down to the 8's on the last day we were there.

rick c

Advanced Member
We were there Thurs, Fri and Saturday. Did see one other red RX8 but only briefly. Would love to see your vid on track if you can get it on youtube or something.

Yeah getting the RX8 into the 8's wouldn't be too difficult a few more laps would have done it. Not having had many laps on track I couldn't believe how fast 9 minutes felt though, absolutely bricked it being passenger!

Was quite disheartening to learn that with a perfect lap you could probably get round in about 8:10... :oops:

dan the man

Advanced Member
funny comentary :eek:

Good lines overall but still room to be faster.. But does it matter

As long as there all enjoyed 8)

justinteg

i was there thursday to sunday, think i may have seen you in the car park and at various times when watching around the track,

there were 3 cars in our group, joe itr in his dc2 with orange wheels, his brother olly in his ek9 civic R and mad Geof p in his little mini cooper.

was an awesome weekend and great weather, with minimal track closures.

rick c

Advanced Member
justinteg said:
i was there thursday to sunday, think i may have seen you in the car park and at various times when watching around the track,

there were 3 cars in our group, joe itr in his dc2 with orange wheels, his brother olly in his ek9 civic R and mad Geof p in his little mini cooper.

was an awesome weekend and great weather, with minimal track closures.
Couldn't miss the dc2 with orange wheels! Definitely saw the other two cars as well.

We where there on Saturday afternoon as well, when it absolutely peed it down. Went out on track and the owner managed a little spin :|

Yeah cheers Dan can definitely see where I could have gone faster but as I'm not a regular track goer and that was my first time driving an RX8 it all felt outrageously fast enough to me as it was!

Good target for next time, try to get into the 8's with the Teg :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
Dont bother with times.. only makes u anxious :|

Just steady away smoothly, so many people buy 8 laps and 'have to do 8 FAST LAPS'

:cry:

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
the nurb scares me with the amount of overturned civics on youtube! though not seen many tegs on there. In fact all i see is countless of vids of civics loosing control by what seems like nothing out of the blue, strange.

justinteg

i did a track walk with rsrnurburgring while i was over there this year and that shows you just how some accidents happen.

in a car you just dont allways notice the camber changes and inclines your driving.

it was very worth while doing the arranged walk ( mini buss tour with stop offs ).

totally puts a lot into perspective and really opened my eyes.

phil_dc5

The best way to drive the 'ring is to drive it like a quick B-road. In that state of mind things are smoother and more progressive as it is a high speed track. Going out and wringing the cars neck is a bad idea...I know this from experience!!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Quick B road :? :?

Its just so different than that, drive it like the ring and u will be fine. More u do more u learn more u enjoy- less u care about times.

JT3173

Advanced Member
I will be there for the 22, 23, 24 May for the Zurich 24 hr race thanks to the missus that got us both tickets for the weekend in stands with a hotel too! Not bad for turning 25! :D

JT3173

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
I'll be convoying from London to the Ring with a few friends on the 23rd-24th July 8)
Is that for some track time? What other Honda's will be there? I may be tempted to make an appearence too, would be rude not too being just 3 hours away :lol: