Nurburgring trip...

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
BadBadtz said:
I'll be convoying from London to the Ring with a few friends on the 23rd-24th July 8)
Is that for some track time? What other Honda's will be there? I may be tempted to make an appearence too, would be rude not too being just 3 hours away :lol:
Yes for some track time though I'm not sure how much yet.
Will be a few of us going including an Civic TypeR, Accord TypeR, M5 and possibly an EvoX and Tourag

Will be leaving the Ring on the evening of 24th to head to Snowworld in Landgraaf

Would be good to see you there 8)

JT3173

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
JT3173 said:
BadBadtz said:
I'll be convoying from London to the Ring with a few friends on the 23rd-24th July 8)
Is that for some track time? What other Honda's will be there? I may be tempted to make an appearence too, would be rude not too being just 3 hours away :lol:
Yes for some track time though I'm not sure how much yet.
Will be a few of us going including an Civic TypeR, Accord TypeR, M5 and possibly an EvoX and Tourag

Will be leaving the Ring on the evening of 24th to head to Snowworld in Landgraaf

Would be good to see you there 8)
I will do my best to get the weekend off from work then! Would be good to get down there with you too, may have to coax Boosted-Imports (600bhp plus DC5) and NiTrO down in his DC5 then as well :idea:

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
In case anyone is thinking they might want to go this coming bank holiday weekend this is on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u-4Hcp3MHU

DTM Revival at Nürburgring 2009

Donnerstag30. April 2009
ab 18 Uhr Öffnung Fahrerlager
18 - 20 Uhr Papierabnahme

Freitag 1. Mai 2009
9 - 10 Uhr Test und Einstellfahrt VLN (GP Kurs)
10 - 11 Uhr Test und Einstallfahrt Tourenwagen Revival (GP Kurs)
11 - 12 Uhr Test und Einstellfahrt VLN (GP Kurs)
12 - 13 Uhr Test und Einstallfahrt Tourenwagen Revival (GP Kurs)
13 - 14 Uhr Test und Einstellfahrt VLN (GP Kurs)

Samstag2. Mai 2009
8 - 9:30 Uhr Training VLN (Gesamtkurs)
10:30 - 11:30 Uhr DeomfahrtTourenwagen Revival (3 Runden Gesamtkurs)
13 Uhr - 17 Uhr Rennen VLN (Gesamtkurs)

neilaston87

Advanced Member
ejwillistyles said:
In case anyone is thinking they might want to go this coming bank holiday weekend this is on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u-4Hcp3MHU

DTM Revival at Nürburgring 2009

Donnerstag30. April 2009
ab 18 Uhr Öffnung Fahrerlager
18 - 20 Uhr Papierabnahme

Freitag 1. Mai 2009
9 - 10 Uhr Test und Einstellfahrt VLN (GP Kurs)
10 - 11 Uhr Test und Einstallfahrt Tourenwagen Revival (GP Kurs)
11 - 12 Uhr Test und Einstellfahrt VLN (GP Kurs)
12 - 13 Uhr Test und Einstallfahrt Tourenwagen Revival (GP Kurs)
13 - 14 Uhr Test und Einstellfahrt VLN (GP Kurs)

Samstag2. Mai 2009
8 - 9:30 Uhr Training VLN (Gesamtkurs)
10:30 - 11:30 Uhr DeomfahrtTourenwagen Revival (3 Runden Gesamtkurs)
13 Uhr - 17 Uhr Rennen VLN (Gesamtkurs)
This looks amazing!

dan the man

Advanced Member
Heres some pics of the DTM revival. It got cancelled last year so big treat this year...

Friday, the track was closed to the public all day, the reason I had chosen this weekend was to spectate at the DTM revival meeting. The event was to be a demonstration only run for Group A touring cars. (Warning - This report may turn into a self-indulgent photo fest :D )

The cars of the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft (German Touring Car Championship) or more commonly known as the DTM - Possibly the biggest gathering of these cars ever?

Opel Omega

Tic Tac M3

Diebels M3

Volvo 240 Turbo - DTM Champion in 1985

Mustang

Rover V8 - The car that Kurt Thiim won the 1986 DTM championship in.

Full Group A spec, including fake wood trim!

Probably a sight you are not likely to ever see in the UK, an Opel Omega 500 towing an Opel Omega 500.

Omega 500 wings in line, owners put a good showing in.

The Omega 500 and the Opel/Vauxhall Lotus Omega/Carton are similar looking cars, the Lotus has the bonnet vents, I understand they do share some components though.

An Eggenberger Sierra Cosworth RS 500, just as immaculate as the day it was built.

Berlin 2000 (They didn't win their Olympic bid!) Mercedes 190

I was concerned the weather might not be so good as we left the UK, but as it turned out, we had a California like sky B)

Perfect conditions as the cars made their way out on track

The noise of those screaming four cylinder M3 engines was music to my ears, we were allowed on the pit wall to watch them drive by at full throttle.

If the new facilities aren't ready for the Formula 1 race in a few weeks time, the reason is because the builders were busy watching some proper cars instead :lol:

Ultra cool 6 Series, preparation was second to none.

Merc 190 Evo I & Evo 2

Omega 500 adjustable rear wing...

...and how it adjusts.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Good photos Dan, good to see you are still around on here!!

Let me know when you next go down please, will meet you down there for a cheaky bier!!!!!!! =~

TimB

Advanced Member
great pics Dan, thanks for sharing...lovin the MB 190E 2.5 Cosworth EVO 2 !!!! If thats the correct name :lol:

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing them.

We ended up arriving about 7pm that night so missed all the DTM stuff, but saw loads of old E30 M3's around the local roads, I guess they were there supporting the old E30 touring cars. I LOVE those old M3's!!

dan the man

Advanced Member
neilaston87 said:
I thought m3's were 6 cylinders?

E30 M3s were 2.3 4 pots

E36 M3S were 6s and E46s were..

the latest M3 E92 is a V8 4.0

Dont thank me... :^o I nicked these off northloop, but were taken by my good friend Al who ive been to the ring with every year for 6 years. I didnt go this year but he did just for the DTM revival as he used to have an E30 M3 and is ten years older than me so its his era.

JT hope your well fella...good to see your still around. No more ring trips for me..i spent 10k there last year so thats it ](*,)

JT3173

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
neilaston87 said:
I thought m3's were 6 cylinders?

E30 M3s were 2.3 4 pots

E36 M3S were 6s and E46s were..

the latest M3 E92 is a V8 4.0

Dont thank me... :^o I nicked these off northloop, but were taken by my good friend Al who ive been to the ring with every year for 6 years. I didnt go this year but he did just for the DTM revival as he used to have an E30 M3 and is ten years older than me so its his era.

JT hope your well fella...good to see your still around. No more ring trips for me..i spent 10k there last year so thats it ](*,)
Arite Dan,

Good to see your still around here too!

10K at the Ring, on what, the entire circuits armco barriers :eek:

dan the man

Advanced Member
well no..

I built the car for the ring..that had 5k. I only went there in it so class that as it..

And then 60 laps worth of fuel, laps, food, travel, everything.

60 laps = 780 Miles at full chat = how much fuel? ](*,) ](*,)

JK- £1K

Food, Guesthouse, Ferry.. u know whats its like. It goes nowhere...

I thought to myself.... hmm with that cash i could have gone to whistler for 3 months and lived VERY GOOD.

So as of November 2009 I am outa here for 12 months, Visa sent off. Working my ass off as we speak, ebaying everything i can, selling up, Im gona ride the whole winter and then stay the summer and MTB it...

Always been a dream so lets make it happen. I have missed the ring tho this year....Its a disease that wont go away.
xthumbup

Guys,
Ive only been to the ring once, after 5 laps i did a 8:50 with a passenger,on road tyres and std road suspension, But i have done the 37 mile isle of man TT on a bike every year for 20 years, and i recognise similarities, there are sections that look the same but are not, and can trick you into a false sence of security...you have to split it up in your head into shorter sections, this makes it easier to learn, Then you can remember the off camber spin corners, tightening hairpins and corner exit run offs that catch many people out, IMO This is the only way to learn the ring.
Along with the age old rule that sometimes SLOW IS FAST. "you gotta time it to believe it".
regards,
Paul,

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I have done 45 laps of teh ring, certainly no expert, i spent 3 months practicing on GTR Evolution on the PC, so much more realistic than the playstation. You can use normal touring cars with and it is so easy to crash.

I found you can split the track into 3 sections, the bit i dont like is the section over the hill, about 2km from Adenau. I dont have the horsepower to pull up through there, cant get more than 120 mph! Still hit 135 mph before Adenau Forst and an early section on the track.

Still not bad for a 16 year CRX and i managed a 9.09 with a passenger although on R888's. Pushing hard is scary as you never know what you will find over a blind crest

Trying to make another visit in September, i did see some rather nasty crashes and 3 bikes were taken off the hospital with serious injuries.

Just a couple of pics...............of my last trip.

http://nurburgring-photos.fotopic.net/p57792957.html

http://www.vazily.be/jalbum/24%2004%202 ... _1619.html

http://www.ring-bilder.de/galerien_read ... _3975.html

8) Thats a MINT pic of you on the carousell !! who took it? do they have track photographers there??
:green:
I like a nice pic........

JT3173

Advanced Member
paul hughes said:
8) Thats a unblemished pic of you on the carousell !! who took it? do they have track photographers there??
:green:
I like a nice pic........
There are many photographers that go there as a hobby, many have websites that you can visit and download the photos from, all mine have been good so far :D

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Paul,

These photos are the low res versions, if you purchase them they are very high res. There are loads of photographers all round the track. The best place to look is the list at

www.northloop.co.uk

go to the forum and not the gallery on the home page, there is a massive section in there. There are some truely great photographers there.

Nev

Me and a few mates are planning on a trip to the ring in early september sometime, however I cant seem to make heads or tails outa the ring website to find a good open/public day. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It's just me being stupid I'm sure! We'd prefer to set off sunday and hit the track all day monday then come back tuesday.

I wanna do the ring as I'm selling up at the end of the year aswell and gonna go travelling for a year so this trip MUST happen before I sell the car !

Any tips from you seasoned people would also be cool and if anyone fancies tagging along with us, feel free!

Thanks

Nev

JT3173

Advanced Member
neilaston87 said:
Anyone there the weekend after next?

I shall be attending. :)
I am there for Sun 12th and 13th, Grand Prix, there is track time on the Monday.

Is that when you will be there?