Nuts for hub centric wheel spacers

Justintian

Advanced Member
I got a pair of front aluminium wheel spacers, hub centric. The quality is good, comes with shinning aluminium nuts I think. Today after 4x15mins sessions track time, few of those nuts were halfway off. Luckily this didn't not happen during the track time but happened on my way home. With loose nuts, I suddenly lost the braking. you need step on brake few times to get the brake feel.

Question is I intend to still keep these spacers and wonder can you get some harden steel nuts instead of the aluminium ones as they will loose when get heat in I think...

gaza4

Advanced Member
loose nuts wouldnt affect your braking too much i wouldnt think, hot discs and pads from the track would be the culprit here i'd say.

as for the nuts, once they are torqued up they should be fine. a lot of people use aluminium nuts on track with no issues

Fez

Advanced Member
I have had the same issue on track with the brakes, and i dont run bolt on spacers.

I have run alloy nuts previous and been fine, but if you are concerned, jjc rally sell open ended good quality steel nuts, cheap too. Personally i prefer steel just for a piece of mind.

Justintian

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
loose nuts wouldnt affect your braking too much i wouldnt think, hot discs and pads from the track would be the culprit here i'd say.

as for the nuts, once they are torqued up they should be fine. a lot of people use aluminium nuts on track with no issues
I certainly have torqued checked on them. But you need to tight them again after a hot lap. Ps I think the kerb kissing will help with the loosen.