NZ Rally Champs 1st round,, EP3 wins, DC5 2nd!!

elliot7

Just completed yesterday, Round 1 NZ Rally Champs, and in the Kiwi 2 class it was all Honda on Leg 1 and 2!! The EP3 comfortably won both legs, with the DC5 retiring early on leg 1 with Fuel pick up problem (due to disconnection of pipe from pump in tank during rough landing), but Dc5 coming in 2nd on leg 2.

For more info check [url=http://www.otagorally.co.nz">www.otagorally.co.nz or

elliot7

I would post some photos up,,,if only someone could explain (in non computer geek language) how to farkin do it!

elliot7

Round 2 of NZ Champs are on this coming weekend. Hoping that the EP3 and DC5 are the two front runners....a couple of Nissans, Suzukis and Peugeot are in the mix as well, but we all know the K20 will eat them!

elliot7

Well Round 2 of NZ rally Champs has finished, and what a battle it was! The EP3 won on both Saturdays and Sundays legs, but our DC5 has been flying! After a tremendous battle on Leg 1, we trailed the EP3 by just 37s at the finish. Leg 2 on Sunday saw the two Hondas out in front again, with our DC5 leading,,,,,,,until a drive axle broke, sending the car spearing off the road into the scenery, with the crew as passengers. End result,: one very bent DC5, needing lots of new parts.... of course the EP3 has gone on to win Leg 2 , and take a virtually unassailable lead, with three rounds to go!

We now have the difficult and expensive task of sourcing and replacing both front guards, subframe, lower arms, bonnet, hatch, windscreen, rear screen, rear wing, and patch up the many dings the car took as it plunmmeted 20' down into a stream!....Any advice about where to source strentghened axles would be appreciated. We run an ATS brand carbon plate LSD, with approx 60lb torque setting.

Needless to say, the team will be out of action for two months while we repair!!

T666YPR

elliot7 said:
and patch up the many dings the car took as it plunmmeted 20' down into a stream!
:shock: :(

Ouch!

Hope you get her back on the blacktop xthumbup

elliot7

Yep! Ouch! Please note that we are rallying on gravel (metal) loose surface, not tarmac! I have photos of the car in its watery resting place, but I have no idea how to post them on this forum, give us a clue!!

I have spent the day organising the pieces from Honda NZ, and there are about 1500 GBP worh of panels required, so with labour and painting, I think it will be going again for 3000 GBP. . . . . .

Its already been built from a crashed car ex-japan, so its not the first time its had a chassis repair.

The rear windscreen is the most expensive item, have been quoted $2400 NZD !!!

T666YPR

Sounds like the rear windscreens cost a bit to replace :(

Here's some piccy info:

T666YPR said:
You'll need to upload your pic/s to a pic host first:List Of Online Picture Hosting

Resize them to about 800x600 before you upload them,this is quicker to upload and for slower dial-up browsers.

Right click and "copy" the link to your picture and then,in your post:

1) Click "Img" button

2) "Paste" the link

3) Click "Img*" button

Or you can link to your pic library using your album address pasted between clicking the "URL" & "URL*" buttons

HTH :D

Simon