O2 sensor

sinbad

Advanced Member
Hi,

done a search but cant find the right info.

Is the sensor in the CAT a generic Honda O2 sensor?

I think i may have a faulty O2 sensor and i have a genuine honda 4 wire O2 sensor as a spare. Will this fit?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It's a wideband version sensor and the only place that seemed to do it is Honda, although most uk, if not all uk hondas use narrowband so a generic would likely be narrowband. I'm not 100% sure on that though, someone else may have input

sinbad

Advanced Member
Yes the one I have is narrowband, however the dc5 has two and I was under the impression only one was wideband I'm just unsure if it's the primary or secondary sensor

acepty

Advanced Member
sinbad said:
Yes the one I have is narrowband, however the dc5 has two and I was under the impression only one was wideband I'm just unsure if it's the primary or secondary sensor
The primary is the wideband...
how do you know that‘s the one faulty in your car?
Do you have a CEL/MIL in the instrument cluster?
If you do did you run an OBDII scanner on it?
I happen to just recently have a CEL on mine and after reading with the scanner it showed CEL codes P1166 and P1167, which is pretty much a faulty/damaged primary O2 sensor... :(
you should do the same before replacing anything that could be not the real problem...

sinbad

Advanced Member
Thanks buddy, I found out this morn exactly what you said so thanks for confirming, going to hook the laptop up to the pro and see what the lambda is doing.

Cheers chris

EK9turbo

sinbad said:
Thanks buddy, I found out this morn exactly what you said so thanks for confirming, going to hook the laptop up to the pro and see what the lambda is doing.

Cheers chris
If you do require a sensor sinbad, give me a shout I get these for good prices beatign the dealership.

sinbad

Advanced Member
EK9turbo said:
sinbad said:

Cheers chris
If you do require a sensor sinbad, give me a shout I get these for good prices beatign the dealership.

Will do mate, i might just get a spare jsut in case ;)