OBD Reader Suggestions

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Can anyone recommend a tried and tested OBD reader? PFL 04 if it makes a difference.

And preferably something that works with iOS.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Never heard of that. Do you use it? Your views?

spooke

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
Never heard of that. Do you use it? Your views?

I've not myself but it seems like a very good app if you do track days. Will definitely try it out next time I go on a track :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
So I can get an OBDII reader for Harry's to use with my iPhone and sync it with my GoPro?

spooke

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
So I can get an OBDII reader for Harry's to use with my iPhone and sync it with my GoPro?
Not sure if the app supports that but I think you could potentially sync the two up. I'm sure if you contact them they'll answer.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Hit and miss unless you buy a half decent one. I got a cheap wifi one which worked great, but I needed my phone to talk to the net at the same time so when connected via Wifi it was no good.
I then tried a bluetooth one which wouldnt talk to the car at all..... I had two more from the same supplier and neither would talk to the car.

Will get photos tomorrow if you like as they are gone from my ebay now.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I don't mind paying a bit extra as long as it works.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Not sure if the app supports that but I think you could potentially sync the two up. I'm sure if you contact them they'll answer.
Cheers, I'll send them a message.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
I'm looking at the iOBD2 reader. Have sent them a message to ensure it is fully compatible with the car and my phone.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Do not bother with this one.

Doesn't work. Had a replacement sent out and that didn't work either.

Connected to the phone fine but reader would not talk to the car. Tried various apps same problem.

I bought a very similar Wifi one which worked but if your phone is connected via wifi it will not be able to access the internet at the same time as it thinks the wifi connection is its route out.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Johngreen537

Does this one work by Bluetooth as that was the plan to use on my headunit, or the headunit does have wifi so could try that if it can send the data by wifi to the headunit and not via the phone?

Sorry my quote is not working and wont let me copy and paste test either on this forum at present?