OCD issues?!

V7MAT

clean freak
Just wondering if any of you guys have issues with keeping your DC5 tip top or if its just me and i have a major disorder?

in 1 week i:

Wash whole car x2/3

Wash wheels x 5?

Hoover car x1

Polish/Wax/Carnuba x1

How often do you guys do the above jobs?

obviously more little jobs like the bay and door shuts but don't wanna be taken away by the white coats too soon so won't go into more detail!

I don't use the car everyday either which now i've written it down am realising i'm worse than i thought.

Am i nuts? i just can't seem to leave it non100% mint?! HELP, discuss, slate.

thanks.

redcap

Advanced Member
I'm pretty mad too. The thing is the car looks 100% better when it's clean. Your taking it to the next level though, once you've had it a little longer you'll be less inclined to OCD.

Some twat hit my bumper when it was parked up the other day, normally i would go spare but what's the point, just gonna live with it and get it sorted when i have some spare money.

Gunn79

Advanced Member
I tell myself that the more I clean it, the easier it is to clean. Helps me justify the more than regular car care :oops:

V7MAT

clean freak
redcap - previous cars had the same treatment! i guess i'm a lost cause..

Gunn79 said:
I tell myself that the more I clean it, the easier it is to clean. Helps me justify the more than regular car care :oops:
thats what i tell myself too! :oops:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
I clean mine 2-3 times per week, I usually dedicate at least 6 hours to it at the weekend. Interior less often, but door/bonnet/boot shuts included in every wash! I've got so bad that I still think it's dirty after cleaning it... :oops:

V7MAT

clean freak
you guys are making me feel healthy! :)

i just can't feel happy leaving the street infact leaving it parked without the rims mint clean or with flies on the front.

MattDC5

Advanced Member
I try to give mine a clean once a week. Its get driven maybe twice a week and im still never happy with how clean it is.

logik

Advanced Member
Gunn79 said:
Identical to me mate. I hoover the car once a week and clean the whole inside. I wash it once a week all the time but sometimes i will do it more depending on how dirty it looks. Do the wheels with the wash. No point in doing the wheels too much because of brake dust etc.

Dont wax a car all the time, once every few months is ok but every week is too much if you ask me. Clay my car twice a year also.

V7MAT

clean freak
logik said:
No point in doing the wheels too much because of brake dust etc.
thats why i do em so often, i hate looking at the car all clean and seeing the front wheels in grey! :roll:

logik

Advanced Member
Well then you had better go out and buy a set of Endless Pads. Nearly 0% brake dust off them and a better initial bite when braking at speeds :)

logik

Advanced Member
Aye those, street pads. Very good pads mate and little to no brake dust off them. Well worth the money imo.

modo1

Advanced Member
same as me spend more time in the garage cleaning the car than i do in the house girlfriend says im sad lol

Allen

Advanced Member
Wash/hoover every sat. polish wax as and when i think it needs it.
Speaking of which, needs a polish now...

Ross M

Advanced Member
I thought I had OCD cleaning my car once a week with a wax when it needs it! My neigbours must think I am mad! I do the inside of the doors (sills) bonnet, boot all inside! And I usually borrow the Henry hoover at work to do the inside!

In my defence though my car gets used every day!

Allen

Advanced Member
Ross M said:
In my defence though my car gets used every day!
So do i, and i work on a quarry... think my neighbours have exepted im obsessed with a clean car :lol: