Octane rating info

gregb

Advanced Member
just makes me feel worse :roll:
toluene has sprung up on another car forum over here and last i heard some guys were importing the stuff :!:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Good post I have read something like that before, It wont stop the chavs thinking putting optimax in a corsa will give them more power !!!

But with our cars we for the most part are using petrol with an octain rating below proper levels. So our cars would definatly benifit by running on a higher octane.

Optimax / Tesco99 + Millers 2 Octane booster = 8)

Crisis

Advanced Member
Its not all about the power gains... well alot of it is yeh :) but its better for the engine and more MPG... but Im yet to prove that one.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
Optimax / Tesco99 + Millers 2 Octane booster = 8)
Where do you get that Octane booster from, and how pricey is it????

All the local garages here have no super unleaded/optimax as all the spare tankers have headed to Hemel to help ease their petrol crisis - so there are only enough tankers left here for 95 RON & Diesel :evil:

Just been to Halfords and there isn't a massive choice...think it £5.99 a bottle - and doesn't even say what increase in Octane it gives :roll:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Unfortunatly I cant help ya there I would get mine from System R, he has the 2 octane & 4 octane boosters in stock.

Crisis it would be better for an engine that isnt tuned to run on 100 ron in the first place, we are all in effect putting fuel 2-3 octane worse than the norm. So we are still not givin our engines what they want but the ECU will adjust itself so that lack of 2-3 octane wont damage the engine.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
I think the one that Sikboy uses, is the CAT friendly Millers one.

Brother got a boxful of the Millers booster off Tdi North also.