Odd request

ci_newman

Advanced Member
Hi all! I've got an odd request but bear with me!

I've finally gotten rid of my trusty MR2 which know means I'm back to the boards looking for a replacement. One small stumbling block is that my replacement car will need to fit in my garage and although I've measured it out I'm not convinced on how easy it will / wont be getting a DC5 into my garage.

If anyone is around in the Basingstoke / North Hampshire area, would someone mind doing me a favour and try parking in my garage :oops: I won't close the door on you, I promise!

TIA!

Chris

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I can get the exact measurements of the car in the morning if you want?? Plus i will do a measure with the door open enough to get in and out.

Cheers

ci_newman

Advanced Member
That'll be very handy, thank you very much!

I can get the wife's car in the garage and from what I can see, they are a similar size but it's a 5-door car so dimensions with the doors open would be great.

:green:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
If you want to cover my petrol costs,£10. I'll pop over next weekend and you can see if it fits mate. :idea:

Im based in Aldershot,so not too far away.

Pm me if you want to.

Ill take you for a spin as well,if you want. :D

ci_newman

Advanced Member
Sounds good to me matey, I have no problem with giving you some money towards petrol :green:

A passenger ride will never be turned down either!

DC187

I live in Basingstoke i could help ya out :)

I could do tomorrow evening if that suited?

Drop me a pm if ya want...

ci_newman

Advanced Member
Tomorrow evening would be great! It's an unlit garage though, so i recommend coming during daylight if you can.

Grab me on MSN or email if you want to chat - ci_newman@hotmail.com \:D/

I love this place :)

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Hello,

I have taken the measurements of the car.

14feet and 6" long
6feet and 6" wide (with oem Mirrors folded)

If you want to acctually get in and out then you will need a garrage that is 7feet 4" wide.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Chris-DC5 said:
If you want to acctually get in and out then you will need a garrage that is 7feet 4" wide.
Is that measure with the drivers door,fully opened?

Mine is not parked in a garage but a shared driveway.(sort of). I never open the drivers door fully as the wombat neighbor,couldnt park closer if she tried. :(

ci_newman

Advanced Member
Well, thanks to all of the people above I can confirm that a Teg will indeed fit in my garage, wooo!! :twisted:

iPicaso

i might go find a bently phantom forum and ask someone to park in my garage. wonder if they would be as trusting as our fellow itr members... hahahaha :xlol: