OEM catback and DC Sports header or similar?

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
Has anyone here tried this combo? Would be interesting to know how the sound and power would be like :)

art23

Advanced Member
If using stock cat back with race header, cat back will burnout over time )

art23

Advanced Member
+ does not make sense. Dc sports header have 2.5" outlet. OEM catback is 2.1 about.

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
So the exhaust gases are going to be to hot for the stock catback? Isn´t the stock catback 2.25", about the same as a Mugen twin loop?

art23

Advanced Member
I know that OEM catback on RSX Facelift size is 55mm ( inner size is 51 mm ) :D ITR catback i know is the same, maybe mistaken. Mugen b pipe have outer size 55mm ( inner size is 52.5 mm ) :D

FireDance

Advanced Member
I am fitting my DC header on Saturday to a OEM catback so I will let you know.

When I get a new exhaust I will put that on, but in the mean time OEM catback will stay on. I was under the impression that the OEM b-pipe is 63mm OD?!?!

FireDance

Advanced Member
Yeah it was a mission!!!

Couldn't get the cat bolts undone so had to be put off until this coming Saturday I am afraid.

You can tell my car is completely standard & untouched, nothing wants to come off it :xangry:

FireDance

Advanced Member
Finally got it fitted. If your car have never had the exhaust off, get some PlusGas!!!! the bolts did not want to come off!!! Also, the sensors will most likely be a pain to get off, but don't rush them.

DC header mates to the standard b-pipe nicely. It is a bit louder that stock on normal driving, & gives a nice grunt on change over!

Didn't get change to get it on the rollers, but when I do I will let you know :xgrin:

SnejVTEC

Advanced Member
Sounds good :). I don´t think my cat has been of the manifold, but the catback has.

Would love to see a video of the sound from outside the car ;)